All entries for Tuesday 14 December 2004
December 14, 2004
The interesting properties of badgers
Our burrowing friends are often neglected so I've collected a small list of facts about them that are very, very interesting and should go on the home page immediately.
- Badgers are so far not on the warwick blogs home page. Please correct this oversight.
- Badgers are black and white and larger than most people expect.
- Badger's homes are called "Setts"; Here is an interesting academic article all about badger setts
- Badgers are often killed to make rather luxurious hats.
- Badgers have an excellent sense of smell. They can even smell danger. Probably.
- Badgers are rife on Britain's housing estates.
- There is a Law called "The Badgers Act". Enacted in 1973 and later ammended it fully protects badger's from the evil people who would want to destroy them.
- As a result it is a criminal offence to possess a dead badger.
I hope this has been informative.