All entries for Sunday 22 May 2005
May 22, 2005
Probably best for people not to bother reading this – a lot of people could be thinking it anyway…
1) I never seem to leave the library at the moment – exams seem to be never-ending & I seem to have been revising for ages. Only problem is, I still feel like I know nothing! Once i've finished my exams I never want to go into the library again. Ever.
2) On Thursday, I had a 2hr exam which didn't start until 2:10. Fine, no problem. So you finish at 4:10, right? You'd think so, wouldn't you? Except in this one, we finished 5 minutes early, which ordinarily wouldn't bother me too much, as that's usually well beyond the time I can write anything coherent which will get me any marks. This time, however, I was trying to pick up the easy definition-type marks on the extra question. Rubbish.
3) When i'm at home & I want to sign into my blog, sodding let me!! (on a break in the comp centre at mo, so can get into my blog. And yes, I really did say break). Don't just take my password & then do nothing. Grrrr. Also, if I do manage to sign in & I write an entry, let me post it!
4) On the same subject as 3) – the day before an exam and weekends, it's really not helpful for the log-on system to say 'sorry, log-on is down' when I need the answers to past papers.
5) What are exams for? I never questioned them at GCSE/A-level etc because I could do them, so it wasn't really a problem. However, at uni (where i'm not too hot at them), I have begun to question. I feel they are short-term memory tests & hate them, to be honest. Again, if I was any good, I probably wouldn't care. My coursework marks are so much higher than exam marks ever are. Also, I think out of the 3 years I have been here, there are 2 modules (both from this year) that apply to real life. Think this goes to show that the degree you get from uni is only one of many aspects of uni life (but that's another blog for another time…)
End of rant.