All entries for October 2004
October 28, 2004
*The As Yet Unnamed Tequila Appreciation Society *Consisting:
El Presidente: Dan
La Presidenta: Clare
New Members: Caroline, Paddy and Joey (who’s a girl)
1.Dan’s misconduct in throwing a cork at Clare:
Early into this meeting Dan threw a cork from Chaz’s wine bottle at Clare. With pinpoint accuracy (could anything less be expected from El Presidente?) it struck her squarely between the eyes. A real cracker
(Shot 2) 2.Chopping Boards:
Generally the society is in agreement that we need a chopping board because the juice from the limes is getting everything messy.
•Top Quote: Chaz, looking at empty white wine bottle quizzically: “How much of this wine have I drunk by myself?”
(Shot 4) Game of arrogance initiated by Dan. Tequila excluded from available materials.
Fall of drinkage:
1. Dan (vodka, wine; guessed heads, drew tails)
2. Clare (vodka, lemonade; guessed tails, drew heads)
3. Pads (after, “ I’m gonna fuck Joey up properly
Round of Note:
Dan (wine, vodka, Tabasco – ¾ glass; guessed heads, drew heads – Arrogant Bastard)
Chaz (added lemonade; guessed heads, drew tails)
Honourably consumed without bundering. Until later, anyway. Then it was three times.
1. Pads (vodka, wine, chocolateyorange squeezy sauce; Chaz: “Hmm…it looks like pooooo.” Guessed heads, drew heads.
2. Joey (added vodka to ½ glass; correct guess).
3.Dan (added wine to fill; guessed heads, drew tails).
Breakages: Clare – Caroline’s glass and two more which she threw in a bin.
1. Vote of no confidence called by Dan in Clare:
Passed by a vote of five to three. He didn’t really mean it, though. Reversed unanimously.
Decided to go to Score. Pics are available.
October 25, 2004
Well, as anyone who's read the minutes from last week's Tequila Appreciation night will see, our first night was a storming success. We appreciated plenty of tequila (except the SSG, who were still awesome) and generally top fun was had by all. But the two presidents are generally in agreement that more tequila appreciation needs to be done by more people so we've decided that new members are a must. So if you wanna join, just find the contact me button and, um, contact me. Maybe La Presidenta will let you join, maybe she won't. She's got the deciding vote. Even though there's two of us. Wait, that doesn't quite make sense… Anyway if you're deemed worthy we'll all have lots of fun.
Appreciating tequila. Like getting drunk, but better…
(How's that for a saleline? Mmm…maybe it needs some work. That'll be item 1 on this week's agenda, then).
Sober Support Group: Caroline, Katy and Emma (although she’s late but she did supply the tequila.)
Shot Count ( /member): 3* The Agenda*
First Meeting: 20/10/04
(4) 1. The nice warm fuzzy feeling you get through the stomach if you drink enough tequila:So, excluding contributions made by the SSG (since they are, for obvious reasons, sober), generally the two presidents are in agreement that this is a good thing. Fuzzy feelings being good, not the SSG being sober, just to make things clear.
• Side Issue (not strictly club business, but nonetheless important):President Dan must make an excursion to Camden or East St or some such place to properly equip himself and his friends for Boogie Nightage / Halloween.
(5) 2. Emma and Katie’s lemons in a jar from Costcutter: (Now 6) The two presidents and the SSG are in total agreement that the preserved sliced lemons so far being used are inferior to their fresh cousins with regard to taste, succulence and general lemoniness. Also they don’t have enough juice.
3. The effects of tequila on the brain:That it has become clear, over the course of this meeting, that President Dan possesses greater powers of motor control and co-ordination where the playing of guitar is concerned when inebriated with tequila as opposed to any other spirit.
(8, I think. For obvious reasons, accurate recall of the required information is quite impossible).