All entries for Friday 30 June 2006
June 30, 2006
Writing about web page /cooperl/entry/oh_the_joys/
Writing about an entry you don't have permission to view
- How many keys are on your keychain?
17. But on counting them have realised that I don’t know what half of them unlock!
- What curse word do you use the most?
- Do you own an iPod?
- What time is your alarm clock set for?
6:50… but it’s a CD alarm clock and I usually end up listening to the whole CD before I get out of bed!
- How many suitcases do you own?
- Do you wear flip–flops even when it’s cold outside?
- Where do you buy your groceries from?
Morrisons, Sainsburys, Lidl, Aldis depending on my mood and current bank balance!
- Would you rather take the picture or be in the picture?
- What was the last movie you watched?
Flight Plan (Jodie Foster). Rented it without knowing what it was about.. but great film!
- Do any of your friends have children?
- If you won the lottery, what’s the first thing you would buy?
A Ferrari, and maybe a little runabout for the missus.
- Has anyone ever called you lazy?
All the time!
- Do you ever take medication to help you fall asleep faster?
Does alcohol count?
- What CD is currently in your CD player?
Queen, “News of the World”
- Do you prefer regular or chocolate milk?
- Has anyone told you a secret this week?
That would be telling….
- When was the last time someone hit on you?
Wouldn’t like to say.. my wife might read this…
- What did you have for dinner?
- Do you wear hoodies often?
- Can you whistle?
- Have you ever participated in a protest?
Don’t think so…..
- Who was the last person to call you?
(checks phone) It was a wrong number!
- What is your favourite ride at an amusement park?
Gotta be a decent roller coaster!
- Do you think people talk about you behind your back?
I’m sure they do….. but that’s ok because I talk about them behind their backs!
- What area code are you in right now?
- Did you watch cartoons as a child?
Yes. And still do!
- How big is your local mall?
Big enough to fit all the shops in.
- How many siblings do you have?
One, a brother, currently living in the US.
- Are you shy around the opposite sex?
Depends how much I’ve had to drink…
- What is your biggest regret?
Life’s too short to have regrets…
- When was the last time you laughed so hard your sides hurt?
Hmmm…. been a while. That’s not good….
- What movie do you know every line to?
Star Wars (A New Hope). Highlander.
- Do you own any band t–shirts?
Loads from my teenage years… whole drawer full that I never wear but can’t bring myself to throw away.
- When was your last plane ride?
Coming back from Finland after spending New Year there….
- How many chairs are at your dining room table?
4, although one of them spends most of its life in the bedroom.
- Do you read for fun?
Don’t have time for fun. Ooops… I mean don’t have time to read!
- Can you speak any languages other than English?
French, German, Italian, Russian to varying degrees (none fluent!)
- Do you do your own dishes?
No, but I do load the dishwasher.
- What colour is your bedroom painted?
Sort of a dark pink sort of colour.
- Have you ever cried in public?
- Do you have a desktop computer or a laptop?
- Which do you make, wishes or plans?
Plans, but the plans usually turn into wishes.
- Are you always trying to learn new things?
Trying, but not usually succeeding!
- Do you shower on a daily basis?
- Are you currently wanting any piercings or tattoos?
- Do you believe that the guy should pay on the first date?
Depends on what I want to get out of the first date? :) No, seriously, depends on how enlightened the female in question is.
- Can you skip rocks?
- Have you ever been to Jamaica?
No. What kind of a question is that?
- What to snack on at the movie theatres?
The classic… popcorn. But sweet not salted.
- Who was your favourite teacher?
Mr. Hoare… great teacher but daft as a bat. He could do John Cleese funny walks perfectly.. and often did.
- Have you ever dated someone out of your race?
- What is the weather like?
Warm and overcast.
- Would you ever date someone covered in tattoos?
Would consider it.. at least you’d have something to read if the sex got boring.
- Do you have an online journal?
- What was your favourite class in high school?
- Do you enjoy travelling via airplanes?
Do it so often it’s just another form of transport. Also depends on the airline.
- What personality trait is a must–have in your preferred gender?
- Have you ever been attracted to someone physically unattractive?
No, I’m far too shallow for that.
- When was the last time you slept on the floor?
Couple of weeks ago (on my office floor after the Sports Fed Ball!)
- What is your favourite alcoholic drink?
Guiness or a good bottle of red wine.
- Does your closest Starbucks have a drive–thru?
I doubt it!
- Do you like your living arrangement?
- What is your mother’s hometown?
Hmmm… I should know this…. errrr….. but then I did forget her birthday last week! :(
- How many hours of sleep do you need to function?
More than I usually get!
- Do you eat breakfast daily?
Yes, but often it’s nothing special.
- What was the last thing to scare you?
This morning… going into the car park I accidently put the car in reverse instead of first and nearly went into the car behind (it’s a new car… and although it beeps when you put it in reverse I had my music on too loud to hear!)
- Are your days full and fast–paced?
- Did you ever get in trouble for talking in class?
All the time!
- What is your favourite fruit?
- Do you pay attention to calories on the back of packages?
Why would I want to do that?!
- How old will you be turning on your next birthday?
Thirty something…. (I’ve reached that age when you have to calculate your age whenever you’re asked!)
- Are you picky about spelling and grammar?
Only other peoples!
- Do you believe in life on other planets?
Yes. But don’t believe any intelligent life has decided to visit this insignificant lump of rock.
- Have you ever been to Six Flags?
Where? I guess that’s a “no” then….
- Who was the last person to piss you off?
The neighbours. They insist on getting up at some god-awful time in the morning and sitting in the garden talking.
- Do you believe that God has a gender?
I don’t believe she exists.
- What was the last thing you ate?
A jaffa cake! :)
- Do you get along better with the same or opposite sex?
Depends on what I’m doing with them!
- What did you dress up as for your first Halloween?
I don’t think I ever had… although as a small child I used to set traps for witches… never caught one though.
- How did your parents pick your name?
From the looks of mine and my brothers they stuck pins into the New Testament….
- Do you like mustard?
- What do you tell yourself when times get hard?
“Some days you’re the pigeon, some days you’re the statue” (courtesy of Dilbert)
- Would you ever sky dive?
Only if pushed out of a plane (in which case sky diving is better than the alternative)
- Do you sleep on your side, tummy, or back?
- What character from a movie most reminds you of yourself?
Bill Murray in “Groundhog Day”!
- Have you ever bid for something on ebay?
Loads. Sold some too… amazing what junk some people will pay good money for!
- What do you think of Angelina Jolie being pregnant?
I’m worried that it coud be mine? :p
- Do you enjoy giving hugs?
I prefer receiving them…..
- Would you consider yourself to be fashionable?
Lol. Maybe 20 years ago!
- Do you own a digital camera?
- If someone you had no interest in dating expressed interest in dating you, how would you feel?
Flattered, but worried that they may turn into a psycopathic stalker if I say no.
- What celebrities have you been compared to?
Jon Bon Jovi is the most common, also Christopher Lambert and for some reason “the evil guy from Ghostbusters”.... could be worse I guess! I’d hate to be compared to someone like Peter Beardsley….
- Who is your favourite Star Wars character?
Princess Leia (gold bikini).. see comment on being shallow previously.
- Does it annoy you when someone says they’ll call but never do?
No, because I do it all the time.
- What books, if any, have made you cry?
- Do you think you’re attractive?
Well something seems to work….
- What are you allergic to?
- Are you a jealous person?
- What’s your opinion on sex without emotional commitment?
Depends on whether that’s a question or a proposition…..
- Do you ever feel guilty after eating meat?
- If you were born the opposite sex, what would your name have been?
My parents thought I was going to be a girl and already had ‘Elizabeth’ ready… another clue to their bible pin cushion hobby….
The reason for my rather oblique blog before is that I had the misfortune to drive through Nuneaton the other day en route to somewhere much more interesting. Well, drive "through" is not really what happened…..
The A444 goes through Nuneaton… you follow the signs A444 Nuneaton… then you reach this place and the signs turn into A444 through traffic.
You drive past a pleasant looking fountain that looks like a big dandelion:
and follow the signs A444 through traffic….
After a few more roundabouts (all the time following signs for A444 through traffic) you come across a familiar looking fountain:
That's odd… two identical fountains.
Then you pass another Tescos.. that's odd.. two big Tescos next to each other…
Then you pass another fountain:
Arrghhhhhhh! They should call the place bloody Hotel California.
I eventually escaped (well, the first time I realised after 5 minutes that I was actually heading back towards Coventry), but it was more through luck than judgement.
I came back home later that day by another route.