Blue snot – keep an eye out for itJust heard an interesting show on TalkSport (not too sure why I had that on btw) about random questions people would like answering. Ok those I remember were
1. Do deaf people hear themselves think? no answer, surprisingly enough no deaf ppl were listening to the radio station!
2. Does anything eat wasps? apparently wasps eat wasps dirty filthy useless things that they are
3. why is marmalade called marmalade and not orange jam? the last meal of Mary Queen of Scots was orange jam on toast and when the servant came in she said 'Mary My Lady' – cool if true
4. why is hiccuping contagious? always wondered that and now i know – the reason someone hiccups is to expel carbon dioxide from the body so when somebody sees somebody else expelling carbon dioxide their brain tells them there's too much in the air and they ought to do the same :)
5. why is snot green? ok this is because of the colour of the bacteria that multiplies in your nostrils and also some people can get blue bacteria then go rushing to their doctor worrying their sneezing some brain tissue or something!
there was loads more but I'm rather forgetful and I think thats enough useless knowledge for one day, I thankyou!
2 comments by 1 or more people
Real meaning of marmalade is "Mary malade" from Marie Antionette, when she fell ill, was proscribed a high vitamin diet, with a special vitmain C rich jam – made out of citric fruits.
04 Nov 2005, 13:53
James Whale and the assorted
Right wing nutty calls
04 Nov 2005, 14:27
Add a commentYou are not allowed to comment on this entry as it has restricted commenting permissions.