All entries for Sunday 25 October 2009
October 25, 2009
Wrote this for a class. Fairly happy with how it turned out but it could probably use a bit of work.
- is light cleaned, prepared and divided;
- in water;
- into its individual threads.
(the moment the light enters the water – refracts – it is combed and twisted through teeth inside the raindrop until red, blue, violet and whichever other colours may appear are collected together but – essentially – not connected, every thread is carefully kept separate on one line alone.)
- This happens instantaneously; the atmospheric droplets are manufactured specifically with this in mind.
- These threads are then cast from the raindrop and carried by others in a processionary trail across the skies;
- this being the arch of dripcloth; the rainbow.
- is sent to teach us the mysteries;
- and beauty;
- of fabric
(that we who with or unwoven skin cannot clothe ourselves only in light may practice the skills we will need on the ascension;
to wrap ourselves in brightness;
to sparkle in rain.)