All entries for Friday 15 October 2004
October 15, 2004
Writing about web page http://www2.warwick.ac.uk/cll/skills/personalacaddevelopment/learningstyles/
Aim of the Learning Styles activity
- To enable you to understand your own approach to learning better
- To adapt your learning strategy to be most effective during your time as a student at Warwick.
- I had a very strong preference for being an Activist
- I had a strong preference for being a Reflector
- I had a moderate preference for being a Theorist
- I had a strong preference for being a Pragmatist
My strongest preference was found to be: Activist (70%)
Apparently, i'm an activist but am inclined to think that character classification is more of a hindrance than a help. Everyone is different and acts differently in varyious situations dependant on timing, mood and situation to name but a few. So to conclude, an interesting aside that is useful in that it forces you to think how you work but fairly impotent in its practical application. If you haven't worked out how to adapt already, I think that you've been pretty lucky to get here.