Dan returns to Newcastle
So I got back to the ancestral seat yesterday. I won't bore you with the details of the train journey except to mention my getting locked in the toilet for about five minutes. Fuckin' Virgin Trains and their futuristic doors. Oh, I travelled first-class again – wasn't as exciting as last time. Still, if thetrainline insists on selling first-class tickets so cheap I'm gonna keep buying 'em.
Looky! There's my house!
So upon my return to Newcastle after almost three months away, I set about catching up, intending to restore my Geordieness as my time away has caused me to fall victim to soft Southern shandy-drinking ways. So far I have:
- taken Shearer, my faithful whippet, out for a walk
- raced my pigeons with Ross Noble
- swung by the 'Grove – apparently Jeff's dead!
- had a Broon Ale or ten with Oz, Dennis, Nev and the rest of the lads
- tried, with 'hilarious' consequences, to raise money for a season ticket
- and burgled a few houses (only kidding – that's what they do in Sunderland!)
After a few shifts doon the pit, I think I'll have settled back in nicely.
Then it'll be off to Mexico!