Return to the blogsphere
I haven’t written a post since last November. How time flies! A combination of a heavy workload at work and moving into my first home has somewhat taken its toll on my free time. A brief update of what I’ve been up to:
- Bought a flat in mid-December. I’m now living just south of the centre in Bristol, which is a bit more convenient for work (although I’m now working on-site at Oldbury so still driving every day…). I appear to have timed my first foray into the property market quite well – please don’t ever say the words “negative equity” to my face.
- Sold my ST in February. After owning from new, the moment was fast approaching where I would face horrendous depreciation, and as much as I didn’t want to sell it, I’m too much of a tightwad for a hatchback to lose me £500 a month. It’s been replaced by a Mondeo Ghia X TDci
- Got an allotment. It’s just out the back of my flat, and has been sapping a lot of my time of late. It was a total mess when we got it, and I’m not expecting any crop to speak of this year; hopefully all the digging will pay off next year.
- Had a three week holiday recently to go farming. Decided I fancied a change this year and worked for a grassland contractor near to where I grew up. Got a shiny new Fendt 718 to drive which was a lot of fun, if a tad complicated!
- Got promoted at work in April – am now a senior engineer.
- Jenny properly moved into my flat recently, so we’re now living together.
Self-indulgent life update over, normal service will be resumed shortly.