A quiz from Lindsey (in aid of work avoidance)
1.PICK ONE OF YOUR SCARS OUT, NOW HOW DID YOU GET IT?
Probably my most prominent one is on my right shin, where I fell of a grown-up's bike when I was eight. It had Cross-Country steel toothed pedals and I ripped the skin off
2. WHAT IS ON THE WALLS IN YOUR ROOM?
Lots of posters of films, cars, tigers, a few lady ones, some photos of planes, calenders
3. WOULD YOU RATHER PLAY FOOTBALL OR WATCH IT?
Watch it, then I can get some shuteye
4. WHAT SPORT WOULD YOU SAY YOU ARE BEST AT?
Motorsport, because I really suck at everything else. If that doesn't count, then either squash or swimming (I suck at these too)
5. WHAT WAS YOUR WORST NIGHTMARE?
I don't really have nightmares or dreams, but the worst ones I can remember are after I saw Jurassic Park in the cinema for my birthday (hey, I was little!)
6. HOW DO YOU EXERCISE?
When I do exercise, it's usually doing country-bumpkin kind of things outdoors, swimming or squash
7. APPLES OR ORANGES?
Apples (must be green, juicy and crunchy)
8. GRAPES OR WATERMELON?
9. LIONS OR TIGERS?
Tigers of course!
10. WHAT MUSIC DO YOU LISTEN TO?
Pretty much every genre going, although I'm probably most a fan of Dance music and least fan of R&B kind of stuff
11. HAVE YOU EVER WRITTEN POETRY?
I wouldn't describe my efforts that we had to do in English as poetic!
13. DO YOU REMEMBER BIRTHDAYS?
14. DO YOU KNOW WHAT TIME YOU WERE BORN?
15. DO YOU HAVE A BIRTHMARK, WHERE?
I have what I swear is a birthmark under one of my toes. It's been there as long as I can remember and it's not a scar!
16. WOULD YOU CALL YOURSELF A ROMANTIC PERSON?
I think I am, albeit a hopeless one!
17. WHAT IS THE WEIRDEST THING YOU HAVE EVER DONE?
I don't know that I've ever done anything "weird" per se… How dull
18. WHAT WERE YOU DOING BEFORE YOU STARTED FILLING THIS IN?
Checking e-mails and blogs before I start work
19. WHAT IS YOUR FAVORITE GUM?
20. FAVORITE CHOCOLATE?
21. FAVORITE CANDY (NON CHOCOLATE)?
Refreshers! They knacker your teeth though
22. CHOCOLATE OR VANILLA ICE-CREAM
Vanilla, but my fave is mint choc chip
23. DO YOU OWN ANYTHING LEATHER?
Belts, shoes, chair
24. where did the question go?
I stole it
25. FAVORITE PERFUME/COLOGNE?
I use Lynx Africa, which indicates I know nothing and care not for perfume or cologne. I do find ladies perfume (when worn by ladies!) very appealing though
26. DO YOU OWN AN INSTRUMENT?
Not a musical one. I have an electronic digital vernier calliper though
27. WHAT IS THE FIRST THING YOU NOTICE ON SOMEONE (OPPOSITE SEX)?
Hair, eyes, smile in that order
28. WHAT IS YOUR FAVORITE SMELL?
Hmmmm. I have many comforting smells – Cut grass, freshly turned earth, sweet silage, WD40, Castrol R, Jet Fumes….
29. FAVORITE SOUND THAT YOU HEAR OFTEN?
30. WHAT ARE YOU THINKING ABOUT RIGHT NOW?
My work that I have to do today :-(
31. DO YOU GET CLAUSTROPHOBIC?
32. COULD YOU EVER SEE YOURSELF MOVING FROM WHERE YOU ARE?
I'm going to have to, though I don't want to :-(
33. WHAT IS YOUR FAVORITE DISNEY MOVIE OF ALL TIME?
Probably The Lion King
34. WHAT IS YOUR FAVORITE SONG OF ALL TIME?
Summer of '69 by Bryan Adams
35. WHAT WAS YOUR FAVORITE COLOR WHEN YOU WERE TEN?
36. WHAT COLOR ARE YOUR EYES?
37. HAVE YOU EVER SLEPT WITH A STUFFED ANIMAL?
Everyone has slept with stuffed animals, we were all little once!
38. IF SO WHAT WAS/IS IT'S NAME?
I had lots of teddies. My grandma made me one called squeaky when I was tiny, which I still have somewhere
39. WHO WAS YOUR FIRST CRUSH WHEN YOU WERE LITTLE?
The first crush I remember is a girl called Rachel Platt when she moved to our school!
40. MOST EMBARRASSING CHILDHOOD MOMENT?
We're not going into that
41. WHAT KIND OF HAIR DO YOU LIKE ON THE OPPOSITE SEX?
Long, straight or straight-ish, but curls can be really interesting too
42. WHO OUT OF YOUR FRIENDS (SAME SEX) HAVE YOU KNOWN THE LONGEST?
43. NOW THE OPPOSITE?
I knew Kim from primary school, although we haven't always been friends!
44. WHAT IS THEIR MIDDLE NAME?
I'm not sure she has one!
45. SUNRISE OR SUNSET?
I like both, but for preference Sunrise. I agree with Lindsey though, you gotta do a Sunrise from pitch black!
46. WHERE AT?
In the open countryside or at the sea
47. (FOR THE LADIES, BE TRUTHFUL) WHERE CAN YOU SEE YOURSELF BEING PROPOSED TO AT?
48. (NOW THE GENTLEMEN, BE TRUTHFUL) WHERE CAN YOU SEE YOURSELF PROPOSING?
At a really lovely restaurant, or on a balcony overlooking a harbour, or maybe on a walk on a beach somewhere (what did I say about being a hopeless romantic!)
49. WHAT ARE YOUR FIVE FAVORITE MOVIES?
Top Gun, The Bourne Identity, Lethal Weapon 4, Independence Day, The Living Daylights
50. WHERE CAN YOU SEE YOURSELF GOING FOR YOUR HONEYMOON?
I'd love to go to the Cayman Isles and go boating for a week
51. CAN YOU PLAY AN INSTRUMENT?
Guitar, although haven't really touched one in yeeeears
52. DO YOU SPEAK A DIFFERENT LANGUAGE?
I speak 2 languages: English and Bad English. I can speak a few words of German (probably enough to get by), but I don't speak it well or fluently!
53. WHAT WAS THE FIRST GIFT SOMEONE EVER GAVE YOU (OF THE OPPOSITE SEX ?)
I'm too young to remember what I was given for my first birthday or anything! :-P
54. WHO IS YOUR FAVORITE SINGER?
Don't really have one
55. FAVORITE BAND?
Again, can't really single out a band
56. WHAT KIND OF BOOKS DO YOU LIKE TO READ?
57. DO YOU LIKE POETRY?
I like a small selection, but I'm not particularly well suited to most of it and I doubt I appreciate it very much
58. HOW DO YOU LIKE YOUR COFFEE?
Down the sink
59. WHAT's YOUR FAVORITE PHRASE TO USE?
Not sure… It varies
60. DRAGONS OR DINOSAURS?
61. WOULD YOU FALL IN LOVE KNOWING THAT THE PERSON IS LEAVING?
I've never been given the choice of who I fall in love with. "The heart has reason that reason cannot know" and all that. So I guess I would, if fate decided that I was to fall in love with a person who was leaving then I would…
62. WHAT IS THE BEST WAY TO TELL SOMEONE HOW MUCH THEY MEAN TO YOU?
I usually say it in words, badly. I think in person with a big hug, or if it's a bloke then instead of a hug that knowing look of admiration/respect which is acceptable between two straight guys.
63. SAY A NUMBER FROM ONE TO A HUNDRED:
64. BLONDES, REDHEADS OR BRUNETTES?:
Not that picky on hair colour, but I seem to find blondes more attractive generally
65. WOULD YOU PREFER TO GO ICE SKATING OR ROLLER SKATING?
Ice Skating, although it's a bit tame. Needs a jetpack!
66. WHAT IS THE ONE NUMBER YOU CALL OFTEN?
Chris Hinds or my Dad
67. WHAT ANNOYS YOU MOST?
I annoy myself the most
68. HAVE YOU EVER DONE A PRANK CALL?
69. WHO IS YOUR CURRENT SECRET CRUSH?
Ummmm… It's a secret crush? Does this not mean anything to people?
Right, that's used up enough time that I now need to go sharpen my mowing deck before I cut the lawns later :-) Work avoidance rocks…