All entries for Thursday 29 December 2005
December 29, 2005
Writing about an entry you don't have permission to view
I haven't blogged in a while, so in the true spirit of blogs I've decided to plagiarise something that looks interesting!
1. What did you do in 2005 that you’d never done before?
I drove a Claas Lexion 460 and a Lamborghini Murcielago. Both of which were immense fun, for entirely different reasons!
2. Did you keep your new years’ resolutions, and will you make more for next year?
I never make any so this question isn't really relevant. If I want to make a resolution, I don't see the point in waiting for something so token-like as a new year to make one!
3. What would you like to have in 2006 that you lacked in 2005?
A car with a proper number of cylinders under the bonnet.
4. What date from 2005 will remain etched upon your memory, and why?
Specifically to 2005, the only one that comes to mind is 22nd of July for reasons which some people are aware of.
5. What was your biggest achievement of the year?
I don't know that I achieved all that much this year. Probably getting onto the Formula Student team is my biggest achievement!
6. What was your biggest failure?
Again, I struggle to think of anything I've really screwed up on or broken. My revision period was a bit of a mess so I screwed up a couple of exams, I had a few minor problems at work this year with breaking a few silly things via carelessness, but nothing serious.
7. What did you get really, really, really excited about?
My job, my birthday and my birthday presents. And a few other things which I'm not posting!
8. What song will always remind you of 2005?
The Killers – Mr Brightside. It reminds me of the best moments of the year so it's the one that I would like to most associate with it
9. What do you wish you’d done more of?
Sleeping, spending time with friends
10. What do you wish you’d done less of?
Being too much of a recluse at times, getting irritated and short-tempered with people
11. What was the best book you read?
Jeremy Clarkson – I know you got soul
12. What was your greatest musical (re)discovery?
My favourite new artist of the year is probably KT Tunstall
13. What did you want and get?
A new computer, a PVR, a Radar detector/GPS locator, driving a supercar experience, a trip to Canada… Probably a few things I've missed!
14. What did you want and not get?
A winning lottery ticket, a soulmate, a silver PS2 and a Breitling
15. What did you do on your birthday, and how old were you?
I turned 21 this year. I took the day off work (friends will know that this is a rare event, even on a Sunday which my birthday was this year), and came home to a party organised by Chris. We went bowling and had some food in Pizza Hut afterwards; although not exactly ground-breaking in activities it was a wonderful day and lovely to see all my friends that I hadn't done in ages. I had a really great day, so thanks to all who came!
16. What one thing would have made your year immeasurably more satisfying?
Having the chance to take my friends out on the boat for a day/weekend
17. What kept you sane?
My closest friends (who all know who they are), my grandad, my car and my music collection
18. What political issue stirred you the most?
Oh where to start! On a university level, most definitely the recent motion regarding "unethical" companies sponsoring sports and societies. Nationally, well there's energy policy, the election itself, defence, education, Europe, the environment, transport… The single event this year that comes to mind (probably because it's the most recent) is Blair's free giveaway of our rebate. Overall though it's probably the road safety bill.
19. Who was the best new person you met?
I'm not going to start misery and rivalry by answering that one! To those who met me this year – it's been a pleasure meeting you all and I'm sure you know how special you are/aren't to me. Now there's a cop-out!
20. Tell us a valuable life lesson you learned in 2005
You really, really, really can't please all people all the time. Note to self – please learn this lesson!