All entries for Monday 17 April 2006
April 17, 2006
Thank you to Lindsey for tagging me, which means apparently that I have to blog 6 weird habits of mine. I therefore have had to think of 6 things that seem perfectly normal to me but everyone else might find weird. Here goes:
1. I iron everything. Everything, that is, but underwear and socks. Note, this therefore means that I iron jeans (apparently slightly odd), duvet covers and bedsheets, and towels (which even I admit is a little weird).
2. I eat very methodically. I will eat one thing at a time from my plate, I practically never mix more than one food type on the fork or start on another thing on my plate before I've finished the first. I even eat things in the same order every time. Roasts for example it goes greens, meat, potatos, carrots, parsnips, yorkshire pudding. Never altered.
3. My method of dealing with wasps in my room involves a can of spray deodourant and a lighter. Apparently to most people this is weird.
4. I will try my damndest to shave the last few seconds off of my journey time, and then spend huge amounts of time in my life procrastinating or doing time consuming and not very necessary tasks. Like ironing. Or cleaning my car, which I do an awful lot.
5. When I have a drink from a can, I have to crush the can afterward with my hands. If it's from a bottle, I usually have to throw it around up in the air and then catch it for a while (I just generally have to keep my hands busy all the time; I'm a dreadful fidget). And I usually eat the ice in a drink if it's provided.
6. My brain isn't very good at interpreting speech or paying a great deal of attention. Consequently, if someone has said something to me and I haven't been paying enough attention, I'll say "what?" and then my brain will replay what they said and I'll think about it, and answer the question without the other person needing to repeat themselves. I'm sure this infuriates the crap out of people.
And now the fun part where I get to tag 6 people… I'm going to go with Chris H, Lorna (because you don't want to be left out!), Amy B, SiY, Em and Vicky G. Enjoy!