All entries for Sunday 15 May 2005
May 15, 2005
Thanks for this from Simon – gives me something to do at 3AM I guess.
Total volume of music files on my computer
Accoding to windows explorer, 21.5Gb and 4,962 files. A respectable effort
The last CD I bought was
Britney Spears – Greatest hits. Insults to a minimum, if you please
Song playing right now
The Calling – Wherever you will go
Five songs I listen to a lot, or that mean a lot to me
Here we go…
1. Summer of '69 - Byran Adams This takes me back to younger days, and is generally a great feel-good and pick me up song that's always guaranteed to put a smile on my face and inject cheerful thoughts.
2. Leaving on a Jetplane - Jewel Reminds me of many things, including Dad (unsurprisingly) and generally of those that I've parted company with. Good for a contemplative mood.
3. My immortal - Evanescence Another contemplative one, quite a bit sadder than Jewel but with much more power. Better for those low moments to remind that others are in the same boat, and to channel emotion through the music.
4. Night on Bare Mountain - Modest Mussorgsky One of my all-time favourite classical pieces. I thought a bit about which one to put in here, but this one really sums up what I like in classical music – a lot of power, drama, with variation into the quieter bits. Great for writing reports to, driving, just general listening…
5. At the river - Groove Armada This is such a gloriously chilled track. Although for many it will probably be more relevant to holidays and Ibiza, for me this represents a lazy summer evening in the garden with a barbeque and some friends, or watching the sunset on the horizon while out combining or ploughing. Both wonderfully peaceful and content memories for me, and places I love to be transported back to.
The five people I'm passing the baton onto
Lucky you guys…