HEELP!!! one morning…woke up…connected my external hard drive to my computer…and BAM! computer tells me that it cannot read the files on my external (WHY?????)! have about 50 gigs of music on it….I can’t survive without my music….Does anyone know of anything i could do to try and retrieve my files…surely there has to be a way….otherwise i think my life has just ended…..
May 13, 2006
I'm just trying to do a bit of revision…but oh heck…just couldn't stop thinking about all the wonderful books i'm gonna read over the summer:
- Kite Runner, (Paperback) by Khaled Hosseini
- The Tenth Circle : A Novel by Jodi Picoult
- Roses are Red, James Patterson
- Honeymoon, James Paterson
- Two Little Girls in Blue, Mary Higgins Clark…
Oh how wonderful it will be, 2 weeks from now, sitting under a lovely tree, in a park….sipping some fine champagne or a lovely icecream sundae….reading a good book….
May 08, 2006
Well it's 10:49pm on a monday night, and I really feel like I need someone to sweep me off my feet…
May 07, 2006
It’s been a while since my last entry– well about a week– though it has been a major improvement, because if you look at my previous entries, most are a month apart. That was when I had a life anyway.Now I am leading a sad life doing nothing…well almost nothing but read, blog and watch films. You see, it is exam time and everyone is in what you may call “exam fever”! And Lulu does not have this “fever”…Lulu has another “fever”, and it’s called procrastination! I have commented about this in previous entries and so I will not bore you with the details…this quote summarizes what I am going through: doing what should have been done the day before yesterday, yesterday...and what is to be done today becomes tomorrow's dilema Hehe!!! typical me!
Also, I am reading a very interesting book by Jodie Picoult, it's called My sisters Keeper. It's really sad but the story tackles important issues. Basically it's a story about a girl, Anna, who was born with genetically altered genes. Her sister has had cancer ever since she was two, and so Anna was specifically born to "help get her sister better" because most of her body organs are a genetic match to her sister. So Anna ends up being the one who gives her sister blood and bone marrow.
Now her sister needs a new kidney and so Anna's parents want her to give her sister a kidney. But Anna wonders whether her sister will ever get better because the "giving" never stops. So Anna files for a law suit against her parents, and asks to have control over her body. It's very interesting and at the moment I cant seem to put it down.
Exciting events that are happening this week?
1. hmmm yes! The DAVINCI CODE is coming out in cinema’s on May 16th. I am truly excited about going to see this film as I immensely enjoyed this book and so I am intrigued to see just how much justice the movie will do the book. Though quite frankly not all movies that come from books really do justice to the book. But yes!like most things, there are some exceptions.
Exception 1:Lord of the Rings
I actually preferred the movies to the books. I just found that the books were way too long and the story took quite a while to “heat up”.
Exception 2: Diary of Bridget Jones
Both films were really funny and I think that Renne Zellweger was the perfect choice to play Bridget.
On the flipside, lets talk about the infamous Harry Potter movies. Indeed the actors and actresses are good looking, the graphics are great and the storyline is amazing (essential ingredients for a good film)...but the movies just fail! End of discussion! and they fail miserably. Why?
- The acting is very poor.
- A lot of important events in the books are often deleted…and
- Basically the movies fail to connect with the books, and quite frankly they are a poor and pathetic portrayal of the books. Its rather sad actually because JK Rowling is an astounding writer.
Hell, I guess not everything is meant to be watched, rather it’s more beautiful when left to the imagination.
Anyway let's get back to discussing the Davinci Code. The only thing that I’m not too excited about with this film is that Tom Hanks plays Robert Langdon. Don’t get me wrong, he is a ridiculously good actor, though I just don’t think that he will fit the role of sexy and intelligent professor, Robert Langdon very well. When I think Tom Hanks, I think Forest Gump, I think "the terminal", I think "ok but he's no George Clooney or Pierce Brosnan!!!". He does not have that bada bang! no zing or zang! ying or yang! no sex appeal!
Honestly? I always thought that Langdon would be played by someone like Pierce Brosnan or Mel Gibson or even (as old as he may be) Micheal Duglas. You hear me? So that you’d be given more incentive to go and see the movie. I mean, which girl can argue that +/– 2hrs of Pierce Brosnan isn't the equivalent to cinema heaven???
2. Another exciting event, though rather sad as well, is that many good tv series are coming to the end of their seasons.
Desperate Housewives (and if you are not well aware of this, I am the shows biggest fan), is coming to the end of yet another incredible season. Though I do hear that the cast on the show are not getting along very well and could be bad for production…Oh my!
Anyway I think I better stop blogging (an extensive form of procrastination) and start reading…Until next time…
April 28, 2006
April 25, 2006
Desperate Housewive's Jesse Metcalfe…
GODS GIFT TO WOMEN RIGHT HERE....DAMN!
April 24, 2006
HERE ARE JUST A LIST OF 7 QUOTES THAT I BELIEVE SAY SOMETHING IMPORTANT…
- Not everything that can be counted counts, and not everything that counts can be counted. Albert Einstien
- If a man does his best, what else is there? General George S. Patton
- Every man is a damn fool for at least five minutes every day; wisdom consists in not exceeding the limit. Elbert Hubbard
- I would rather be ignorant than knowledgeable of evils. Aeschylus
- We can be Knowledgeable with other men's knowledge, but we cannot be wise with other men's wisdom. Michel de Montaigne
- In the End, we will remember not the words of our enemies, but the silence of our friends. Martin Luther King Jr
- Whether you think that you can, or that you can't, you are usually right. Henry Ford
WHAT ARE YOU'RE FAVOURITE 7?
I would just like to publicly thank my mother (a woman i aspire to be) for all that she does. She is a hardworking, loving, caring and all round phenomenal woman and I love her.
Mum, if your reading this, I promise to be a daughter that you are proud of and one day, when i'm a working independent woman I promise take care of you as you have cared for me all of these years. I love you always and forever. xxx Lulu
April 14, 2006
April 07, 2006
The best songs on the album are #1. (I just want it) To be over, #4 I should have cheated and #6. Love (which is my personal favourite). Awesome- a must buy album.