All 2 entries tagged Spec
No other Warwick Blogs use the tag Spec on entries | View entries tagged Spec at Technorati | There are no images tagged Spec on this blog
October 30, 2007
The project specification has just been updated, adding information on what languages shall be used for the program, as well as some smaller items that were discussed with Steve Russ last week.
From now on, a live copy of the specification will be available here, and the original that was officially submitted on 11/10/07 will be kept here. Both versions are linked to under 'Project Resources' at the top of the sidebar on the left of this blog.
By the way, on doing some more trawling around the web today, I found this: http://www.worshipsession.info/
October 18, 2007
It's the first major deadline for my project, and so the project specification is complete. See the PDF file below.
This document specifies the details, such as the title, problems, methods and objectives, of James Williams’ project for module CS310. Having been assessed for feasibility, the components of the project are split between core and extended parts. Also included is a proposed timetable and a discussion of the required resources and any issues such as ethics involved in the project. This specification is subject to constant review.
• Investigation Aims:
1. Investigate the extent of the use of IT in the Church and the attitudes towards it.
2. Investigate how IT could have potential further use in the Church.
• Aims of the Software aid for leading music:
1. Develop a new song organisation system to replace the songbook system.
2. Enable easy key transposition
3. Make a tool to recognise what key spontaneous singing may be in.
4. Include a function to recommend songs for a setlist.
• Diagram of Key components & their relationships:
(Click to enlarge)
• Provisional timetable (which "can only serve as a rough guide" at this stage):
|Term 1, Week 2
||Begin reviewing literature; Create project web site|
|Before week 6||Increment 1: Requirements analysis and design|
|Monday, week 7||Other coursework deadline|
|Before week 9||Begin key recognition component; begin building and testing of first increment|
|Monday, week 9||Submit progress report|
|Before end of term 1||Complete first increment|
|Christmas holidays||Increment 2: Requirements and design; begin building and testing|
|First weeks of term 2||Complete increments 2 and 3|
|Before week 7||Complete increment 4|
|Week 9 or 10||Deliver presentation|
|End of Term 2||Other coursework deadline|
|Easter holidays||Complete project report|
|Term 3, Thursday, week 2||Submit final report|