All 1 entries tagged Project
View all 101 entries tagged Project on Warwick Blogs | View entries tagged Project at Technorati | There are no images tagged Project on this blog
October 18, 2007
It's the first major deadline for my project, and so the project specification is complete. See the PDF file below.
This document specifies the details, such as the title, problems, methods and objectives, of James Williams’ project for module CS310. Having been assessed for feasibility, the components of the project are split between core and extended parts. Also included is a proposed timetable and a discussion of the required resources and any issues such as ethics involved in the project. This specification is subject to constant review.
• Investigation Aims:
1. Investigate the extent of the use of IT in the Church and the attitudes towards it.
2. Investigate how IT could have potential further use in the Church.
• Aims of the Software aid for leading music:
1. Develop a new song organisation system to replace the songbook system.
2. Enable easy key transposition
3. Make a tool to recognise what key spontaneous singing may be in.
4. Include a function to recommend songs for a setlist.
• Diagram of Key components & their relationships:
(Click to enlarge)
• Provisional timetable (which "can only serve as a rough guide" at this stage):
|Term 1, Week 2
||Begin reviewing literature; Create project web site|
|Before week 6||Increment 1: Requirements analysis and design|
|Monday, week 7||Other coursework deadline|
|Before week 9||Begin key recognition component; begin building and testing of first increment|
|Monday, week 9||Submit progress report|
|Before end of term 1||Complete first increment|
|Christmas holidays||Increment 2: Requirements and design; begin building and testing|
|First weeks of term 2||Complete increments 2 and 3|
|Before week 7||Complete increment 4|
|Week 9 or 10||Deliver presentation|
|End of Term 2||Other coursework deadline|
|Easter holidays||Complete project report|
|Term 3, Thursday, week 2||Submit final report|