February and something is…
Writing about web page http://purposed.org.uk/2011/02/lets-get-this-party-started/
...well it seems a debate is about to kick off!
What’s the purpose of education?
Introductory blog post from Prof. Keri Facer of Manchester Metropolitan University (and formerly of Futurelab)
In the hope that these ideas might be achieved, I’d like to suggest some questions that contributors to the site could explore:
- What is your vision for the good society?
- What is the part that education can play in achieving that and what is the part that others need to play? Who are these others? What is/what should be their relationship to education?
- What are the building blocks we have in our schools and universities already that could move them towards that role?
- What are the building blocks outside formal education?
- What are the impediments to change and what causes them? And are there good reasons for these?
- What can I see of merit in the ideas of those who disagree with me?
- Do the ideas I suggest draw on the expertise and insight of others?
- Do the ideas I suggest offer enough benefit to outweight the disruption that they would cause in their realisation? how would we get there?
Really looking forward to watching this space... hope to get brave and dive in for a bit of active participation... call for action!