All 2 entries tagged Awards
View all 20 entries tagged Awards on Warwick Blogs | View entries tagged Awards at Technorati | There are no images tagged Awards on this blog
January 03, 2007
I blog, or I watch Desperate Housewives. It’s a tough choice.
Just as this time of year is a sparse one for TV, it’s not great for political gossip either.
But with the Baftas and Oscars only a few months away, I can indulge another passion: films…
- Smokin’ Aces is out on January 12th and looks pretty cool from the trailer. Yes it’s got Ben Affleck in, but he’s made some good films hasn’t he? True, Good Will Hunting is the only one that springs to mind, but I reckon it’ll be OK. Not an Oscar hopeful though, but mindless fun.
- The Pursuit of Happyness and Blood Diamond are both out soon. Very different films, both very likely to win Oscars.
- Chris Cooper. Ryan Phillipe. Dennis Haysbert. Laura Linney. I smell a hit. Breach sees “aspiring FBI agent Eric O’Neill (Phillippe) handpicked by a senior agent (Cooper) to work alongside him, only to discover his mentor might be the country’s greatest security risk.” Ohhhhhhh yes.
- Sunshine sounds awful. “A team of eight astronauts is sent to re-ignite a part of the dying sun. Seven years ago, another crew was dispatched on the same mission, but they were never heard from again.” But… it’s directed by Danny “28 Days Later” Boyle and stars Cillian “28 Days Later” Murphy. Oh, and it’s written by Alex “28 Days Later” Garland. I’m not gonna promise it’ll be brilliant, but it might be.
- The Kingdom should be interesting. Out in April, it stars Jamie Foxx as an FBI agent sent to deal with the aftermath of a terror attack on US interest in the Middle East.
- Matthew Macfadyen (he of Spooks fame) gets a proper movie role in Death at a Funeral. There’s plenty of British talent in what appears to be a Hollywood film.
- 28 Weeks Later is the sequel to 28 Days Later, yet retains practically none of the cast, writers or director. They’re all doing Sunshine. Guess what? There’s a second outbreak about six months after the first one. Brilliant? I suspect not.
- Shrek The Third will keep the kids and adults happy in the Summer. Surely it’ll be brilliant? Ah. What’s that? They’ve cast Justin Timberlake in a lead role? I take that back.
- Watch out. The third Pirates of the Caribbean film is out in May. It will surely be as appalling as the second, which was the biggest waste of time I’ve experienced in a cinema.
- Oh. My. God. Die Hard 4 is out in the Summer. I have now wet myself.
October 09, 2006
Congrats to the Warwick Boar, who’ve picked up 8 nominations in the 2006 Guardian Student Media Awards.
Student Feature Writer of the Year
Student Website of the Year
Student Critic of the Year
Student Sports Writer of the Year
Student Diversity Writer of the Year
Student Travel Writer of the Year
Student Columnist of the Year
But… is Fred Forse real or a pseudonym? Regardless, well done to all – RaW finds out how badly it’s done this Thursday.