All 1 entries tagged 2666
No other Warwick Blogs use the tag 2666 on entries | View entries tagged 2666 at Technorati | There are no images tagged 2666 on this blog
April 30, 2009
Not really, that would take forever. Instead, here’s just five reasons to read Roberto Bolano’s book, 2666.
- It’s like The Wire. Endlessly complex, multiple sides to every story, characters that are rarely good or bad but usually a bit of both. It’s also in five parts, one of which is about the death of journalism.
- It’s not like The Wire. It’s tougher. If you thought the crime rate in Baltimore was bad, wait until you read Part Four of this book. It also makes less sense than The Wire, but if you’re prepared to read a 900-page book, that’s probably not going to bother you much.
- It’s unfinished. Roberto Bolano died before he completed the book, so any fault you might find in the book isn’t really his fault.
- You’ll struggle to find a critical review.
- In fifty years time, people might well ask you if you’ve read this book yet. You might as well get it out of the way while you’re young.