Blair is Finished
Let’s take a look at the evidence…
- 17 Labour MPs have signed a letter asking him to resign.
- A leaked memo details Blair’s “Farewell Tour”, indicating all he cares about now is his legacy.
- BBC News 24 and Sky News can’t find a Labour backbencher who will support Blair.
- David Miliband is backtracking on statements made at the weekend.
- No-one’s paying any attention to Blair’s policy statements that he’s making today.
- There are rumoured to be two more letters in circulation calling for Blair to go sooner rather than later.
Tony, when it became clear that you were more interested in changing the history books than in changing the country, you lost all the support you’ve ever had.
He might stay in power for a few more months, but as Michael Brown of the Independent has just said on BBC News 24:
What was a ‘lame duck’ Premiership has just become a ‘dead duck’ Premiership