All entries for Sunday 31 December 2006
- Just seen Flags of our Fathers by Clint Eastwood. Pretty good film, with a great performance by Adam Beach as Ira Hayes. Film should have had him as the central character and suffered because it didn’t.
- I’m up in Blackpool. The weather is atrocious. The forecasts have been telling us it’s been blowing a gale, and it hasn’t been… until now. Anyone going out in this must be mad.
- Why are menswear shops determined to make all men look gay? I’m sick of stripy, skinny sweaters with lapels on the shoulders. I’m not a sailor, and don’t want to look like one.
- Two course meal planned for tonight. They don’t match. Smoked salmon starter. Fajitas main course.
- That Saddam bloke got hung. Turns out original video made it look much more peaceful than it was. Hanging was clearly timed for American audience. Only tried for a tiny % of his crimes. Iraq still dominated by killings. Happy New Year, things can only get better… surely?
- Jools Holland… what an annoying little man.