All entries for Monday 03 April 2006
April 03, 2006
So the AA Trust are calling for curfews and passenger-limits for young drivers (i.e. 17–21).
I wonder if they've thought this one through…
Imagine a typical night out, possibly involving a drive into town, or even to another town. Public transport's a definite no-no, and you're not going to even bother asking your Mum to give you a lift to a club.
If the government listen to these imbeciles at the AA, then the following will happen:
- people will ignore the curfew (which is of course daft anyway)
- cars will only have three people in, rather than five
- this means more pollution
- this also means more young drivers on the road
- this also makes it more likely that someone will drink-drive
- this means more young deaths on the road.
Really guys, ignoring the civil liberties aspect (how the hell else are young people supposed to get out?), did you really think this one through?