All 2 entries tagged Meeting
View all 20 entries tagged Meeting on Warwick Blogs | View entries tagged Meeting at Technorati | There are no images tagged Meeting on this blog
March 16, 2006
in search of the CAA Grail, a package that truly delivers all the assessment needs of scientists and mathematicians. Our quest may have fallen short, the chalice may have been chimerical, but we travelled hopefully in the company of Maple TA, WeBWorK, STACK and Mathletics, and I will discuss them each in turn in later blogs.
Meanwhile, here are some snaps of the fine company.
February 20, 2006
… on Tuesday, 14th March in the Mathematics Institute. In fact, why not come a bit earlier and/or stay a bit later for the Computer-Aided Assessment Demo Day.
The emphasis of this workshop is on assessment in Science and other maths-related subjects. Here are some of the highlights:
- Maple TA — in theory (Adept Science) and in practice (Michael McCabe)
- STACK — reaches parts of the cerebral cortex other CAA software cannot reach
- Mathletics — with intelligent feedback for the fuller learning experience
- SEXPOT — we all deserve a fair share of the marks
- Maths Fit — will help your students to prepare
The full programme can be downloaded here.
Free lunch? Of course, there's no such thing, unless you are a speaker or on the home team. It will cost £6 for a light buffet and drinks. I need to know how many to cater for, so it would help greatly if you could sign up here.