Computer Assessment in Need
Computer-aided assessment (CAA) will only flourish if it's easy to use. My preliminary travels around the Science Faculty have already revealed a gaping hole: some web-delivered CAA software that
- is easy to author (knock up a test with 10 MCQs online in half an hour)
- is easy to deliver (scheduling and reporting in the hands of the lecturer)
- has basic functionality (standard question types, reasonable security, and provision of feedback to students)
- is science friendly (allows LaTeX markup, graphics, maybe even some parsing of equivalent answers)
- integrates well with the existing framework (Sitebuilder, Formsbuilder, etc).
How about Quizbuilder? Over to you E-lab.