All 6 entries tagged Market-Research
No other Warwick Blogs use the tag Market-Research on entries | View entries tagged Market-Research at Technorati | There are no images tagged Market-Research on this blog
December 20, 2010
To find the market size for a specific industry or industries in Euromonitor's Passport GMID follow the steps below:
- Hover over the orange 'Search' button in the left of the navigation bar and select 'Menu Search'
- Choose an industry from the category tree by checking the box next to it. You can also search for industries using the 'Find Category' box.
- Click 'Next' and then select the relevant geographical location.
- Click 'Run Search' to retrieve results matching your criteria.
- If market size and company market share data is available it will appear under 'Statistics' in the results list.
- To view an individual report click on the hyperlinked title, or, to view multiple reports tick the boxes next to the reports you want to view and click the 'Build My Selections' button.
Current members of the University of Warwick can access Passport GMID from the Key Electronic Resources for Business pageon the library website.
December 02, 2010
The market research databases Business Insights and Marketline are now provided through a single interface, Datamonitor 360. The combined content of these databases provides access to
- company profiles
- country profiles
- market research reports on industries including energy, healthcare, pharmaceuticals and technology
- news and analysis on the latest business developments
You can now search content from both databases through one simple search box. Or, to search only Business Insights reports select 'Business Insights' from the Publishers menu.
Current members of the University of Warwick can access Datamonitor 360 from the Key Electronic Resources for Business page on the library website.
November 19, 2010
Using the Harvard Style a reference for a printed market research report should follow the format of:
Author (Year of publication) Report Title. Place of publication: Publisher
Reference list example: Mintel (2009) Food Retailing - UK. London: Mintel
In-text example: (Mintel 2009)
Using the Harvard Style a reference for an electronic market research report should follow the format of:
Author (Year of publication) Report Title [online]. Available from: URL [Accessed: date the report was accessed]
Reference list example: Mintel (2009) Food Retailing - UK [online]. Available from: http://academic.mintel.com [Accessed: 18/11/2010]
In-text example: (Mintel 2009)
August 09, 2010
Yesterday TheCityUK released its latest report on the global Private Equity market. This report analyses trends in private equity investments and fund raising for 2009 and the first half of 2010.
Summary of findings
- Global private equity investments fell by half from $181bn in 2008 to $91bn in 2009. Investments of UK private equity firms echoed this fall.
- At 6.3%, global M&A volume generated from private equity backed activity was at its lowest in a decade.
- Global fund-raising fell by two thirds from $459bn in 2008 to $150bn in 2009.
- The UK has held its position as the second largest private equity centre.
The full report, and supporting datasheet, can be accessed from TheCityUK's website.
July 13, 2010
Writing about web page http://www.thecityuk.com/
TheCityUK is an independent body formed earlier this year to represent the country's financial services industry. It incorporates the former advisory services of International Financial Services London (IFSL) and UKTI's Financial Services Sector Advisory Board (FSSAB).
Last month TheCityUK launched a new Research Centre which aims to provide market analysis in the form of reports about sectors within the UK's financial services industry. The latest sectors covered in the Research Centre's reports are:
- Bond Markets
- Hedge Funds
In addition to this range of sector reports there are reports on topics relating to international finance and international trade policy.
A complete list of the reports, which are available to download, is available on The Research Centre website.