using tags with SML
1. After wasting 3–4 hours on looking for tags utility for sml, I've realized that ctags supports SML also. Ctags provides an option (-e) for generating TAGS file for xemacs. So, in order to create SML tags for xemacs, we can use:
ctags -e -R *
and then use [ Meta-. ] and [ Meta-, ] to navigate through them. To remember this diffficult key-sequence, please notice that in british keyboard dot and comma is on the key having > and <, respectively. So to go forward, press Meta-(key having >) and go backward Meta-(key having <)
2. To use comments in SML, do [ Meta-; ] , xemacs will put (* *) magically in the end of the line :).
3. [ C-c C-l ] loads the current sml files and starts sml.
4. [ C-c C-r ]: send the current region to sml-buffer.
5. [ C-x` ] : go to the src line containing the next error.