All entries for Thursday 07 April 2005
April 07, 2005
1. After wasting 3–4 hours on looking for tags utility for sml, I've realized that ctags supports SML also. Ctags provides an option (-e) for generating TAGS file for xemacs. So, in order to create SML tags for xemacs, we can use:
ctags -e -R *
and then use [ Meta-. ] and [ Meta-, ] to navigate through them. To remember this diffficult key-sequence, please notice that in british keyboard dot and comma is on the key having > and <, respectively. So to go forward, press Meta-(key having >) and go backward Meta-(key having <)
2. To use comments in SML, do [ Meta-; ] , xemacs will put (* *) magically in the end of the line :).
3. [ C-c C-l ] loads the current sml files and starts sml.
4. [ C-c C-r ]: send the current region to sml-buffer.
5. [ C-x` ] : go to the src line containing the next error.