Warwick Institute of Education Post Graduate Conference– 2013
The WIEPG conference is an annual event hosted by the Institute of Education. It is open to taught and research postgraduate students from Warwick Institute of Education as well undergraduate degree students and other Warwick students studying in congate disciplines. The conference aims to provide students with the opportunity to present their work to an audience of fellow students and experts in the field of educational research, to help students develop their presentation skills and to create a supportive community for young postgraduate researchers.
This year, I was selected as a member of the conference academic and organizing committees . My key tasks included:
- liaisoning with all WIE students in receiving their nominations as well as abstracts
- coordinating with other committee members in planning, organizing and implementing decisions regarding the conference
- initiating and coordinating email correspondence with committee members as well as students
- reviewing abstracts with the conference academic committee
- managing and supervising student volunteers in terms of communicating with them and assigning various tasks
- playing an active role on the conference day to ensure smooth running of the event
I am honored to be part of such a wonderful event hosted by the Institute of Education. With my previous skills of working in the capacity of team leader and organizer, this will be a good addtion to my professional portfolio.