All entries for Monday 10 September 2007
September 10, 2007
Got in 20 minutes late (forgot memory stick) so got to work.
I’ve officially started my final year now as of the 1st September and I have until the 31st August 2008 to get finished. However, my goal is to finish (I.e. submit) before my 27th birthday.
To do this, the goal is as follows:
September 2007: RS01 (Lille bump without flow control)
October 2007: RS02 (Lille bump with a skewed, steady jet)
November 2007: RS03 (Lille bump with skewed, pulsed jet)
December 2007: RS04 (Lille bump with synthetic jet)
January-March 2008: Finish running of the above
Other simulations to be completed include:
- MT01-01 & -03: Flat plate validation of S-A model (inc. wall functions)
- MT01-02: Backward facing step validation of the DES formulation
- MT02: Circular cylinder validation of the Immersed Boundary Method
- FT01: Synthetic Jet simulations (I.e. from NASA CFDVAL2004)
These will be completed as and when I can get onto Solar.
On that, the resources to be used will be as follows:
Skua: RS Simulations (As this is the fastest)
Solar(when it works): MT Simulations
Firefly: FT simulations
I also intend to run a single, test simulation to test the speeds of each of these systems.
Unfortunately, there isn’t much to write until results start coming in and then I can add to the relevant chapters. As it stands:
Chapter1: PWC has checked this over and I simply need to apply changes
Chapter 2: ”
Chapter 3: Pretty much complete
Chapter 4: Finish Re=100 simulations (I.e. post process and write-up)
Chapter 5: Finish BF step simulations and write-up DES formulation
Chapter 6: Finish all SJ simulations and write-up
Chapter 7: Write-up as RS results finish
Chapter 8: Write at very end
I think that now, I will look at the necessary RS01 simulations and make a plan for getting these running.
Altix is down for maintenance at present so am working on other sims on Solar (which is actually working)
- MT01-02-A03 & B03 are running (I.e. BF step with fine grid)
- Need to get running MT01-02-C01 to C03 after this (I.e. BF step with 3D DES)
- Need to take a look at MT02-01 Re=100 case results, post-process & check they’re ok (Will do this tomorrow)
- Will head home now and get some FT01 simulations running (and list those needed)
After that, I will be visiting Wallace at GE and then finish that lecture for the ATC exped. training syllabus.