All entries for Sunday 16 May 2010
May 16, 2010
The blog has been quiet lately while I've been focussing on a number of projects. Now, though, I'm back in a position to knuckle down to the thesis, and I'll no doubt be posting more frequently here.
Upcoming excitements include:
- Another production of Arden of Faversham, this one at the Rose Theatre, Bankside. I'll hopefully be seeing this in late June/early July.
- A reading of Double Falsehood taking place here at Warwick. I'm not sure yet what my involvement might be with this, but I'm hoping it'll be particularly useful for my work.
- A plenary paper at the next British Graduate Shakespeare Conference, in mid-March. I'll be presenting on the implications of Double Falsehood's inclusion in the Arden Shakespeare, and sharing a panel with Professor John Jowett and Gregory Doran of the RSC.
- An article on Yorkshire Tragedy, shortly to be published in the journal Law and the Humanities.
- Several talks, including a session at the London Forum of Authorship Studies and an address at the Shakespeare Centre in Stratford by Brean Hammond on his edition of Double Falsehood.
- Director interviews with several leading directors on past productions of apocryphal plays. These will probably include Michael Boyd, Greg Doran, Terry Hands and more.
More to follow soon!