All entries for Monday 30 March 2009
March 30, 2009
For this exercise I took a portable audio-player as an example of product.
What are the main customer requirements for the portable players:
- Usually customer is looking for small and light device to make it easier to use it during the trip.
- It is important for the customer to be able to have all your media data in one device.
- Modern customers require the possibility to play videos and view pictures as well as listening the music.
- Ability to use the device in long trips without recharging the battery..
- Attractive modern design of the device to make it not only functional but also a part of personal image.
- Volume of memory
- Number of data formats
- Long-life Battery
The matrix above provides my estimation of the dependancies of "whats" and "hows".
The result is the following:
- The most important in the portable media player high portability of the device which is very dependant on the size and weight of the device and the battery life-time.
- Second important is possibility to have all media data on one device. This led to the dependacy not only on data format compatability, but also size of the screen and memory volume.
- Appearance of the device is also very omportant as it is part of the personal image of the owner.