All entries for December 2007
December 21, 2007
- Writing up my progress on my project
- Doing more cool stuff on my project
- Adding more cool stuff to the mindbender game
- Thinking about the two business essays I have
- Buying Christmas presents
- Watching Heroes
- Watching Scrubs
- Watching Dexter
- Playing Super Mario Galaxy
- Playing Zelda: Phantom Hourglass
December 12, 2007
The Good: (all programming stuff, apparently)
- Me and Sam made a buggy game called Clockspider for the 48 Hour Game Making Competition. And then Sam rewrote it to be way less buggy (zip file with exe).
- I made another game that’s still a work-in-progress, but that I think has loads of potential. It’ll bend your mind! (Java applet). Mostly, it just needs more levels and more stuff to go in the levels.
- My third year project, a 2D rigid body physics simulator, has finally come together and is now looking like one kickass 2D rigid body physics simulator (YouTube video).
- I had to do a progress report for my third year project, which at that point was behind schedule and still seemed hopelessly ambitious. It took ages and was generally demotivating.
- My student card (used to access the Computer Science building) and my bank card (used to access my money) were, for different reasons, cancelled. Both are now sorted out, however.
- I still haven’t gotten my loan, although hopefully it’s now working its way slowly through the system towards me.
- There was an essay that I found myself totally incapable of doing. That made me feel useless and pathetic, and I’m choosing not to think about the fact that since I didn’t do it, there are two others to do for the start of next term, instead of one.
- I got some poi for Christmas. Poi, as we all know, are girly and rubbish unless set on fire and spinning very quickly. The problem is that they’re also kinda fun.
- I played Singstar at a Game Design social.
- I’ve been asked to be a flowergirl at Jon and Ellie’s wedding.