All 2 entries tagged Issues
View all 10 entries tagged Issues on Warwick Blogs | View entries tagged Issues at Technorati | There are no images tagged Issues on this blog
August 21, 2011
If you have installed Zend Server CE on your computer to use as a development server, you may have ran into the issue of Automatic update not working on Wordpress. This is the function that usually updates your Wordpress plugins and Wordpress system or core files. Furthermore, another related problem that you will likely to have as a result of this is that you won't be able to have Wordpress edit your .htaccess to change the way your blog URLS look like.
The cause of this problem is that the Apache user used by Zend Server CE (User: daemon, Group: daemon) is not given enough permissions to be able to make changes to your files on your Mac. The solution to this should be simple, at least it worked for me right away.
- Open your Terminal application (Applications -> Utilities)
- Use the following commands in bold:
- Navigate to your htdocs folder that was created by Zend Server CE using something like:
- Change the user of your blog folder which resides within the htdocs folder. In my case my blog folder is called blog, so I used this command:
sudo chown -R daemon blog
- Change the permissions of the folder using:
sudo chmod -R g+w blog
- Now, try to update your Wordpress plugins or Wordpress system itself (core files), this should have solved your Wordpress Mac permission issues. In my case, I didn't restart and it worked. If it doesn't work rightaway on your development environment, try restarting your Mac.
Note: The solution above worked for me because I don't allow any network access to my development environment, if you for some reason need better security, you should probably check Zend Server's documentation to follow their suggestions with regard to how to make your development environment safer.
Hope these steps work for you!
June 14, 2009
Writing about web page http://survey.qualtrics.com/SE/?SID=SV_6sOvVbxzQiU5uiU&SVID=Prod
Six Sigma Issues and Challeneges
As a part of my MSc project, I have a questionnaire about Issues and Challenges related to Six Sigma and improvements efforts in general where questions are related to several issues and challeneges that might give an indicator of how ready or mature organisations are to improvements efforts such as Six Sigma.
To be able to get a good picture of how mature organisations are within the United Kingdom I need to distribute my online questionnaire so that employees within different organisations in the UK are able to fill out my questionnaire.
If you do work in any organisation in the UK, please help in this research by filling the questionnaire (Thankfully!) and distributing it (if you please) to other friends and co-workers who could fill the questionnaire as well.
Six Sigma Issues and Challeneges Questionnaire:
I appreciate giving me some of your time to fill this questionnaire