Understanding Leadership & Excellence Module PMA
Writing about web page /ahariri/entry/leadership_and_excellence/
Writing about an entry you don't have permission to view
After checking the FAQs section that was created by Paul and after a few e-mails going and coming for Feedforward, I began to understand the PMA more (I think!).
The things I know for facts is that:
- I am a consultant.
- Waiverider need some change to become successful.
- CEO needs Coaching.
- Another member of the board needs Coaching to help him deploy strategies and visions through his part of the organisation.
- Need to explore and point out if there are any leadership theory that could be useful in this situation where a company is not performing very well. For example, there might a problem between how top management is acting and that the top management are cutting themselves from the employees while the company really could use some good relationship and involvement from staff.
So, I started looking at the company as if it is a real life existing company that needs my help to improve its current situations and I need to help this company by coaching them in various areas that would help.
I then thought of possible areas of weaknesses that I know a lot of companies have and also my organisation have which affects the performance, and since we are allowed to make assumptions, I started thinking of the following points that could be achieved by coaching:
- Coach CEO to help him get most use of the managers and involve them as much.
- Coach CEO/Manager to help him accept Feedback and how he can promote and encourage others to give feedback and explain to the CEO/Manager how feedback can improve the business and the various aspects in the business (Processes/Products/Sales, etc)
- Coach CEO/Manager to understand and use any strategies deployment approaches to successfully deploy the new strategy throughout the Organisation (Need to Check if we should assume we have done this in team work or not)
- Coach the CEO on the use of possible Performance Management/Reward&Punishment approaches that if applied correctly could improve and encourage people to work better.
- Explore more areas to Coach that might be possible in the first criteria in the EFQM Excellence Model.
If I get any more ideas, I will share them.