The Perfect CMS for your site!
Writing about web page http://www.joomla.org/
About CMS Systems:
We are in year 2008, and the old way of designing a website and uploading new and updated files every time using FTP, has passed (In my opinion).
It's passed because simply now there is a lot of Systems, which are called CMS systems, allows you to add and update contents directly from your website using what is called, a control panel. You dont have to edit files locally on your PC and upload them again using FTP anymore, which will save you quite a lot of time. By using a simple login and authentication method, you get access to alot of tools and features that allow you to do anything with your website on the fly!
Editing a website nowadays, became as easy as editing a Word doucment or writing an e-mail, Because you have the WYSIWYG (What You See Is What You Get) editior in most of these systems, which will give you many buttons to use without the need for any coding or previous experience.
I have been trying loads of PHP CMS Systems in the past few years to help me to manage easier any website I make for myself or a customer, and also give my customer the ability to edit and add contents to thier sites without having to come back and contacting me.
While searching for my perfect CMS, i tried and used alot of CMS systems, such as PHP Nuke, PHP Fusion, e107, Expression Engine, and alot others.
After a while, I saw the Best CMS ever (So Far!), and it's called Joomla.
Joomla is a simple and advanced Open Source (Free!) CMS that gives both, beginner and advanced users alike, the ability to add contents to thier websites right away from the Control Panel of thier website (Check Control Panel Picture).
Joomla is full of features and it's a very easy to use.
- Completely database driven site engines
- News, products or services sections fully editable and manageable
- Topics sections can be added to by contributing authors
- Fully customisable layouts including left, center and right menu boxes
- Browser upload of images to your own library for use anywhere in the site
- Dynamic Forum/Poll/Voting booth for on-the-spot results
- Runs on Linux, FreeBSD, MacOSX server, Solaris and AIX
- Change order of contents including news, FAQs, articles etc.
- Newsflash generator
- Remote author submission module for News, Articles, FAQs and Links
- As many sections, departments, divisions and pages as you want
- Image library - store all your PNGs, PDFs, DOCs, XLSs, GIFs and JPEGs online
- Automatic Path-Finder. Place a picture and let Joomla! fix the link
- Archive manager. Put your old articles into cold storage rather than throw them
- Email-a-friend and Print-format for every story and article
- In-line Text editor similar to Word Pad
- User editable look and feel
- Custom Page Modules. Download custom page modules to add functions.
- Template Manager. Download templates and implement them easily
- Layout preview. See how it looks before publishing
- Banner manager. Place Ads all over your site
Rocket Theme Templates
Rocket Theme Website provides a lot of high-Quality templates, that could be easily installed on your website in seconds!.
I have been using Rocket Theme Club templates myself in a couple of websites.
You are allowed to use and edit as much as you like of the templates before using them, You can view many professional looking templates on RT website.