All entries for Saturday 01 November 2008
November 01, 2008
I was looking for a Synchronization/Backup software that could really help me Synchronize and Backup data between computers or Hard Drives, until I came across this Software which is called SyncBackSE Pro
In my opinion I think this software is one of the best in this fields! Read until the end and decide for yourself!
There is many cases that this software could help you in, some of these are:
- If you use more than one computer and would like to have files available on both and updated between on all your Computers all the time.
- Have files and directories to backup to an external HD or a remote location in your network or over the internet.
- Work on websites and would like to have a copy of all the files on your website on your computer just incase if they were deleted by mistakes.
What I use this Synchronization software in:
- Synchronize some important files between 2 Laptops, so that I could work from the desk or the Living room inside the house without any restrictions and without the need to move files with a USB or CD everytime.
- Backup some of the important files into an external HD, which I bought for this purpose.
- Keep a copy of all the files on my websites on my Laptop, incase something happens, I would have all the files needed to have the website up and runing again.
More Information about The software
- Easily backup, synchronize, or restore your files to another drive, FTP server, ZIP file, networked drive, removable media, CD/DVD, or email server.
- Highly configurable, SyncBackPro includes: open/locked file copying; file versioning; fast backup; true synchronization; Zip64 support; compression filtering; detailed and easy to read log files; email results; simulated backups and restore; file filters; sub-directory selection; copy verification; background backups; auto-close of programs; profile groups; compare files, and an extensive context sensitive help file.
- SyncBackPro is also available in Catalan, Simplified Chinese, Traditional Chinese, Czech, Dutch, French, German, Hungarian, Italian, Norwegian, Polish, Brazilian Portuguese, Spanish, and Swedish.
- Multi-award winning solution with tens of thousands of users.
- Provides a dependable way of ensuring digital files are safe with a simple interface that enables the first time user to backup and save their valuable data within minutes.
- Easy Mode for essential backup, restore, and synchronization tasks.
- Expert Mode that delivers advanced functionality.
- Backup to an FTP server or network and email the results.
- SSL (implicit and explicit), MODE Z compression, and one-time-passwords are supported.
These are some of the most important features. There are loads of features and I think I could probably fill the whole page with features if I wanted to, because it's this GOOD
This picture shows the Expert profile windows, which you configure to suit your needs. dont mind the language, it is from one of the lessons I wrote few months ago.
After trying so much softwares, I can finally say that this is the best software I ever used, and I really mean it!
If you think that you could have some use of such software, dont waste your chance, just go to thier website, read about this product, and even try the trial version, that's how I started!
Try SyncBackSE (Trial):
Trial available on the normal version, not the Pro version, I personaly bought the Pro version, because the difference is not that much when it comes to the features added.
We had a very nice discussion on the last 2 days of the CBE module.
At some point, Paul shared with us, how he never solved a problem for his employees, and that as asks them to provide solutions to the problems and then discuss these solutions with thier manager (Paul), and finally choose one of these solutions.
I think what Paul said was really nice, it made me think of this approach in many ways.
I belive that this approach is very nice, some of the reasons of why I think this approach is nice is because:
- It encourages thinking from employees. Sometimes people forget that they have a mind to use, it's not thier fault in some cases, sometimes it's just because they are too used to doing the same thing over and over, and once they face a problem they run to someone to help them, which is bad!
- Giving this feeling to the employees that they are helping the organization to solve problems and also gives them the feeling that they are contributing somehow.
- Giving the idea to the employees that the Manager is not a shoulder to cry on :).
- More time for the Manager to think and plan for the feature instead of dealing with dialy routines and problems.
In the Quality Management Administration which I work at, we have a great Director General. He have a lot of impressive plans, he always put the administration's work infront of him. He spends too much time in the administration even though he doesn't have to.
Sadly, because he deals too much with dialy problems and routine issues, he wastes too much time on this, and he then spends more time after we are all gone home, to work on planinng and strategies.
Since i am close to him in Work (Going to meetings together), and outside the Work (Relative), I always discuss this with him and asks him to find someone who deals with employees problems and routines for him to be free for the other big issues. He finally found someone to deal with these issues and started having a break and more time to spend with family without the usual headache, and I belive he is very happy now!
I think we as employees, who haven't yet made it to the top of the department or administration, should know about that. Those people are human, they have families and they are not free all the time for your small concerns, even though most of them will welcome you, but you shouldn't use that too much! Try to solve your problems, try to think and think again, and find solutions by yourself!
Now, about the approach that Paul used when he was a Manager of some department, I think I personaly like this approach, and I will definitely try to use it in the future, when I get back to the administration and the people that works with me.