All entries for Tuesday 09 August 2005
August 09, 2005
Just realised that it's been a very long time since writing some proper Blog entries, and I can't get outdone by my new housemate, so here goes! (I don't claim that this entry is goes to be amusing or even interesting)
Since moving into my new house last month I seem to have visited IKEA so much that I don't even look forward to going there any more :(
There are only few advantages to spending so much time in IKEA /building IKEA furniture:
- You know what the different colour coffee bags mean
- You have a house full of matching (i.e beech) furniture that doesn't even threaten to fall apart.
- You appreciate ready-build furniture, much, much more.
The disadvantages, however are numerous:
- IKEA delivery men:
1. My particular delivery man finished every sentence with "D'you know wha' I mean?"
2. Say they will only deliver to one room
3. End up making you move the items from the van to your house
- Blisters on [Rich's] hand from screwing all the furniture together.
- Birmingham IKEA running out of trolleys, meaning that it took ~3 hours to put a house-worth of furniture through the checkout.
- Finding out that you can only return an item to the same IKEA (bit annoying when I was going to my Cardiff home, which is 5 minutes drive from IKEA)
I made my first banoffee pie for years on Sunday, when Mike [plug for Slybob ] came over for lunch. I did warn Rich and Mike that it would be very sweet, but boys will be boys, and they had big helpings, closely followed by a lot of water.
Not much to say on this except: how many forms / visits to a bank does it take before they will change your address?!
Hmmm…this has turned out to be a mini-rant – didn't really mean it to be…I'm feeling quite relaxed and stress-free today :(