All entries for Sunday 07 May 2006
May 07, 2006
Writing about web page http://www.rev.org.uk
This review is well overdue – but better late than never!
It was my 3rd WiM, and I think the best one I've been too. I volunteered to be the admin/treasurer person, and because it happened over Easter week and the bank was shut I spent most of the week sleeping with the cash box instead of a cuddly toy, but apart from that:
- Rich doing a solo in Rev for the first time
- Getting to know Warwick Revvers better
- Having a shower at Chrisi's on the 3rd day
- Hearing the song I arranged performed in the concert
- Buying a new air bed with pillow attached – best week's sleep of my life!
- Being warm for the entire week
- Seeing the Tshirts turn up the day before the concert
- Introducing the Czech boys to England
- Dancing with Kev whilst the other choir were singing
- Having loads of people to talk to
- Having a drink with old housemate Martyn in Wetherspoons'
- Not having a computer for a week (see Worst bits)
- Worrying about the cash box
- Having a cash box instead of a cuddly toy
- Forgetting my cuddly toy
- Being so exhausted after WiM that I slept through the majority of my birthday
- Accidentally walking into my air bed so limped around for half a day
- Thinking that I'd lost the Czech boys (stood at the airport for an hour after their flight had arrived and not having found them!)
- Discovering the 'shaky game'
- Forgetting to play flute in "Getcha"
- Trying to remember the words for "Getcha" because I'd forgotten to play flute
- Getting the church evacuated when I was trying to make pancakes on a baking tray in the kitchen without the extractor fan on
- Being in Chrisi's car when the exhaust broke
- Not having a computer for a week (see Best Bits)
- Rich getting the sopranos, altos and tenors tongue–twisted so calling them "tomatoes"
- Thor conducting, unaware that the cloud of smoke around him meant that we couldn't see him.
- Balancing on one leg to play flute near a microphone whilst being able to see the conductor.
- Finding out what the Czech boys were told about England "Girls are very nice, roads are weird and beer is bad"
- Rich hugging (and nearly kissing) Jenny, thinking she was me!
Going along to a Prayer and Praise arranged by Jamie, Rich and Adair. I didn't really want to go, but decided that it would be rude not to as they had spent a lot of time arranging it and also they needed me to drive the band equipment! Anyhow, after some great worship, I ending up doing my testimony in front of 150 people, then becoming 'holy–spiritised'. So I felt lovesick (for God) for two weeks following WiM – which kept Thor entertained as it meant that I unusually stayed up late to chat to him, had about 4 hours sleep a night and couldn't eat properly, but had to go to work (only my 2nd week in my new job) as a hyperactive spirit–filled Christian, trying my best not to go into a evangelistic rant with my new workmates!
Well, after a chance meeting with Casey in Varsity I promised I'd write on my blog with a life update…so here goes!
I didn't feel as sad as I imagined I would. Probably because I knew I would see everyone from the office again (I live with Rich, sing with Graham), however, I was given my first bouquet of flowers, which was gorgeous. (see photo for proof!) Rich and I had great fun trying our hand at arranging the flowers into every vase we could find in the house!
I started my new job in eCommunications Development on the 27th March. It's pretty much what I expected, which is good. An added bonus/problem is that I'm the main route to getting information online so I've got quite a lot of responsiblity, making sure that the website is accurate and up–to–date. It's good in someways as I get to meet most people in the office, however, it also meant that when I returned from WiM I had a full inbox with website requests which took nearly 2 days to reduce to zero. It's not too much admin. though as I also have some exciting projects to get on with!
8th April - 16th April
WiM is Revelation Rock–Gospel Choirs annual event, where members of different Rev choirs meet up for a week to socialise, learn new songs and perform in a concert…there's too much to write in this entry so I'll put it in a follow–up…
My 24th Birthday
Well – I can't really say much as I slept through a lot of it recovering from WiM. Main points were:
- A trip to Morrison's to buy some chocolate birthday cake (never ate it as I was asleep)
- An hour's play with my birthday present (Eye toy for PS2)
- Getting woken up by Liam at 9pm as he wanted to know where my party was being held as he hadn't been invited (there wasn't a party of any kind if anyone's offended by not getting an invite!)
Israel Houghton Concert
This was amazing my ideal type of concert – without screaming girls and lots of God (there were whistles at the beginning but they were banned on H& S grounds!)
Forum Weekend in York
29th - 30th April
This involved getting up at 6.15am on a Saturday to drive to York in time for Forum. Sounds like a crazy reason for getting up so early, but another reason for going to York was Hayley's 25th Birthday party – which was lots of fun!
On the way back from York we went to Sarah Brown's house in Bradford. Thankfully my sat nav. decided to start working so I didn't get lost on the Leeds ring road. After a cup of tea we (Rich, Thor, Nikki, Hayley, Jess, Josie, Mark, Sarah and myself) went to Abundant Life Church. All I can say is "Let's do church!"
Trip to the parents
My update concludes with a trip to Rich's parents. We went to Barrow(?) Market (That's what it sounded like, but could just as easily have been called Harrow, Bower etc.) It is a big outdoor food market where we tested lots of olives, cheese and bread and eventually bought some bread pudding, stuffed vine leaves and olives. We added in a quick trip around the Tate Modern (which I love) and a drop in at my Dad's house on the way back to pick up a strimmer to attempt to cut the lawn with!
All in all a pretty typical month – busy with lots of Rev and road trips!