All entries for Wednesday 13 March 2013
March 13, 2013
All books and articles are full with information about how to make right decisions and there, probably, few of them which mention how to actually analyze the decision-making methodologies. Basically, what is now happening with our RBM PMA?, - we are trying to make our own decision on how the decisions should be made. So confused! Then, the question appears: can we assess methodologies that we were using in our team work by using the same methodologies? Other words, for example, can I apply Grid Analisys to evaluate strengths and weaknesses of other decision tools (including Grid, itself) and then conclude which could be more appropriate? This situation actually looks as a closed circle, in my opinion. To be more specific, it looks as Deming PDCA cycle:
During team work:
- Plan: We were trying to plan how we will reach our decision in group;
- Do: We were collecting information and decide on tools;
- Check: Checked if our tools appropriate choice for our information;
- Act: Present our team project.
During writing PMA:
- Plan: Planning which approach in assessing team-project I go for;
- Do: Find articles and books;
- Check: Check if I am on the right direction and answering PMA question;
- Act: Writing and submit my PMA.
And this is how it actually should be all the time. We are studying using PDCA cycle and then analyze what we learned and how we can apply this knowledge in the future, again through PDCA cycle.