Synthetic Biology talks II
Title: "Programming bacteria: wiring synthetic sensors and circuits to heterologous outputs"
Three systems in E.Coli:
- Competition 6 month time limit. iGEM Genetic Engineering Competition
- a national student competition
One: Light Sensor:
- Bacterial Photography. Change gene expression on light.
- on known photoreceptors in E.coli. just in other organisms.
- Phytochromes in Cyanobacteria, Arabidopsis.
- kinase that is activated on light induction
- compine e.coli osmotic shock sensor with cph1, ouput lacZ
Two: Bacterial Thermometer:
- Heat shock and Cold shock repsonse promoters
- Cold: Hypb, ansb, cspa_x promoter
- Heat: htpG
Synthetic Logic (AND gate):
- Examples of other gates in ecoli, yeast and mammal cells