March 11, 2009

Happiness and problem solving

While we’re at it

It’s easier to solve problems when we’re happy than when we’re agitated. Plus we like bright colours more than dull ones.

This chimes with thoughts I’ve had on creative working environments – how far does this sort of space:

Office

encourage positive creativity? Compare to:

http://www2.warwick.ac.uk/services/library/grid/newvisitors/see/gallery/

Also – if this quote is correct:


“80% of a decision is based on emotion, the other 20% is our intellect convincing us that the emotion was correct!” Friedrich Nietzsche

then what is the impact of environments that generate negative emotional responses to our decision making process.


- No comments Not publicly viewable


Add a comment

You are not allowed to comment on this entry as it has restricted commenting permissions.

March 2009

Mo Tu We Th Fr Sa Su
Feb |  Today  | Apr
                  1
2 3 4 5 6 7 8
9 10 11 12 13 14 15
16 17 18 19 20 21 22
23 24 25 26 27 28 29
30 31               

Search this blog

Tags

Galleries

Most recent comments

  • A Romany saying: Sori simensar si men 'We are all one: all who are with us are ourselves' Thank you,… by David Morley on this entry
  • Sorry to hear you are leaving but best wishes for your next projects! by Sara Kalvala on this entry
  • Sad to see you go Tom, I've lwys enjoyed reding bout your communictions exploits on here! Good luclk… by on this entry
  • So long Tom … http://bit.ly/solong by David Davies on this entry
  • No, please don't play the music! by on this entry
Not signed in
Sign in

Powered by BlogBuilder
© MMXVIII