I am a final-year PhD candidate and Commonwealth Doctoral Scholar in the Department of English and Comparative Literary Studies. At the moment, I am working with Professor Neil Lazarus, Professor Benita Parry and Dr Rashmi Varma on modes of liminal spatiality and representation in works of autobiography and self-narrative, with a particular focus on the memoirs of Orhan Pamuk, Amos Oz and Mourid Barghouti.
I graduated with First Class Honours in English Literature and Language from the University of Malta, and obtained a Masters degree with Distinction in 2005. I have presented various academic papers, and some of my work has been published in Rodopi, Cadences (A journal of the University of Cyprus), The Drunken Boat and on laurahird.com, a very respected literary website administered by Scot writer Laura Hird.
I also write poetry. My first collection was ‘Stay, Fairy Tale, Stay! Memoirs of a City Cast Adrift’ (Midsea Books, 2005). My next collection of verse is titled ‘Cities’ (Bliet), and is due this April.
- Posts: 22
- Comments: 10
- Comments by owner: 0
- Images: 23
- Number of times in people's favourites: 0
Most recent entries
- The Ulysses of his generation
- BLIET – Xbihat mill–isbaħ tar–ruħ urbana
- BLIET (CITIES) – Exhilarating images of an urban soul
- Mourid Barghouti Live in London
- Street Dreams are Made of This
- After the last sky, the sprawling outrage. This.
- The intrepid work of late style
- Gao at Warwick! Geeeee !!
- Benigni electrifies the island
- Big Bob Mugabe – The Wreckoning