All entries for Thursday 08 December 2005
A new version of BlogBuilder was released and deployed this morning, with the following changes and improvements:
- You can now access your blog in any case – so, for example, you've been forced to give out your blog name in lowercase in the past (blogs.warwick.ac.uk/mmannion) but now you can give it out in any arrangement (blogs.warwick.ac.uk/MMannion, blogs.warwick.ac.uk/mMannion) and it should work
- There has been a minor tweak where you can still access the dropdown box even when you increase the text size
- You can now tab out of the "Tags" field on the edit entry page, and you should also now see multi-word (with underscore) tags in the suggestions
- The "Edit tags" screen (see previous entry) now includes tags from images.
- You can now select as many tags to see on the sidebar as you want (from Admin -> Appearance)
- Users who aren't logged in have to answer the anti-spam question to send emails to you through your blog
And an update on the problems we've been having with Favourites – we still haven't worked out what the problem is, but we're working on it. It seems to have occurred since we upgraded BlogBuilder to use Java 5 and the latest version of JBoss, which doesn't explain why this is happening, sorry.