All 20 entries tagged Mmmm Lovely
No other Warwick Blogs use the tag Mmmm Lovely on entries | View entries tagged Mmmm Lovely at Technorati | There are no images tagged Mmmm Lovely on this blog
February 20, 2007
This is just too awesome to remain unblogged. It would seem that my brother is a creative genius with rice, this is his latest masterpiece – Jimi Hendrix, made entirely from uncooked rice placed on his campus bedroom carpet. Teh Win is it not?
This is the inverted image. For the original click here
EDIT: Also, why am I almost one third of the hot topics? What is up with everyone? This is unnatural…
February 13, 2007
As of the 5th of March Mia will be officially EMPLOYED.
E M P L O Y E D .
Parfait Amour celebrations will commence ahead of schedule, as will much bubble-bathage, pampering and singing musicals/radio karaoke out loud. Then after a while it will really sink in and I will have to have a little lie down I guess. Wow. Fucking hell. A Job. With many shiny pennies. and a health plan. Christ.
This is a big thing after all that being poor and tesco-value-ness.
I think I might have to have that lie down first...
February 11, 2007
So, how many "first posts" will be made on wednesday? Any guesses? Will the stats peak like a 7.2 on the Richter scale? Hopefully it won't be as tragic as I expect, although it would prove to be one of the few times my pessimism has let me down.
Still, I can't help but feel optimistic this week, for on top of the prospect of imminent employment I will at last get to spend the 14th with my true love. Which definitely beats last year (when I was forced, by circumstance, to spend it with my brother - I'm sure he was equally thrilled) and, come to think of it, the other preceeding twenty... But finally on wednesday I'll get to snuggle up with my darling, my treasure, my "Parfait Amour" - all 70 neon-violet centilitres of it. Bliss.
November 01, 2006
For I am now a fully-qualified P-plate bearing drivar!
Time to pimp my ride. Tire flares, glow wire and ground lighting*
* this comes with the added bonus that I’ll never have to give anyone lifts as no-one will want to be seen dead in my girl-racer-joy-waggon. ;)
October 09, 2006
Yes yes yes!
After years of trying, I’ve finally managed it and will be momentarily poking my head into the hardcore haute-couture scene! Woo and Yay!
OK, so I did have to ask satan several hundred times but after sweetening the deal with a sack of funsize twix he finally conceeded to a timeshare on my soul (his once a month for a couple of days – it’s unlikely anyone will notice the difference – and I have to put up with me the rest of the time). And in return I get to have tea with a top London designer and show him my stuff.
I am so overwhelmed. Everytime I think about it too much I momentarily stop breathing while the reality sinks in. I am living in a permanently hyperactive state where I live solely to sew and eat danish pastries.
The 19th is the day. I have 10 days left to complete my preparations and I’m feeling that everything is only half done and not really up to scratch yet. Ohmigosh-ohmigosh Breeeeaathe!
I don’t know what else to say. My mind is blank. Um but yeah I’m sure biochemistry would be equally thrilling… Hehe…
June 28, 2006
Such a charming film. But now I really want to see "an Affair To Remember"
But what I really wanted to say was
Hot damn it's good. There is nothing better than lasagne, still warm, eaten straight form the caserole dish. Ok maybe there is, but I'm single and these things need more than one person to really work. Quite popular at certain types of party but more than six people and things can get a little messy. Yep, fondue isn't made for one.
Aahh I love this film. And Baileys. Both are good.
"But when I saw you… I knew we'd go together like a wink and a smile."
April 13, 2006
(but only the frames)
They're gorgeous, gorgeous I tell you! With infinite power to render those in their presence completely awestruck. And what's more they're mine! Mwahahahaha! Oh the havoc I will wreak under the influence of this crystal. I will make their presence felt, oh yes indeedy.
None can resist; for example…
Good grief, the unfortunate spectre of Sam the World's Ugliest Dog assaults my visage.
Shazzam! You'd never even know. Such is the potency of the glasses of glory. And they allow me to see waaaaaay into the distance in 3D! (although I'm guessing that's more to do with the fact that they actually gave me the right lenses this time…)
February 19, 2006
Today. The 19th. Not only the anniversary of the launch of Mir by the Soviet Union, but, more importantly Mia's launch of her blog. To commemorate this event Mia will be marauding around in a completely nonchalent and unexciting manner since she has a headache and her head in a bag (the two being completely unrelated). Therefore this blog birthday is postponed until such a time that it can be celebrated in a less sucky way and with a lot more alcohol. Should a blog social ever be arranged that Mia can actually attend, she might even be persuaded to provide birthday fairycakes.
On a more positive note at least I am bathed in the joy that only a new (chavtastic) handbag can provide. Ahhh :)
Such was the POWER of the Handbag of Glory that Ladies WEPT when they saw it and those who TOUCHED it went straight to HEAVEN.
January 18, 2006
Wed 18th: "I don't care how poor a man is; if he has family, he's rich"
Yeah, despite the fact they're probably the reason he's a hell of a lot poorer than he could be. Only 18 days in and this wad of paper is already making me feel irritable. So here is my NEW calendar, it may be made up from random quotes from all over the place but I think you'll find it a lot more interesting than theirs... and I gave sundays a phrase... and they're blasphemous. Ah yes, delightful. Bring on February…
- "Heaven: If You Don't Know Where It Is, What Makes You Think You Can Get There?"
- "If Only Closed Minds Came With Closed Mouths"
- "Saftey tip of the day: always wear condoms because you never know when life is gonna screw you."
- "Life is a STD, and it's terminal too."
- "Duct tape is like the force, it has a light side, a dark side, and it holds the world together."
- "Life blows. Death sucks. It's nature's balance."
- "How intelligent do you have to be to design an idiot?"
- "Believe Those Who Seek the Truth, Doubt Those Who Find It."
- "Knowledge is power. Power corrupts. Study hard and be evil."
- "Nothing is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity"
- The line below is true
The line above is false
- "A restraining order is just another way to say I love you."
- "You can lead a horse to water, but you can't make it throw stones in glass houses."
- "The tiger can't change his spots. No, wait, he did! Good for him!"
- "What Would Scooby Doo?"
- "There are three things I can count on, death and my inability to do math."
- "Your pants don't make you look fat, it's your body"
- "Boredom can't kill you, but sometimes you wish it would."
- "Do not underestimate the power of stupid people in large groups".
- "Good friends help you move. Great friends help you move bodies."
- "There Never Was A Good War or a Bad Peace."
- "You will never get to heaven with an Ak 47… But A Flack Tank is good for Low Flying Cherubim"
- "Beware of those who try to sell you simple answers to complex questions."
- "There's always one more idiot than you counted on!"
- "Eagles may soar, but weasels don't get sucked into jet engines."
- "Ignorance, Nature's way of thinning the herd."
- "True or false: This statement is a lie."
- "Any Book Worth Banning Is A Book Worth Reading"
- "Save The Gay Baby Whales For Jesus!"
- "Blessed Are Those Who Can Laugh At Themselves, For They Will Never Cease To Be Amused."
- "Deal With Reality or Reality will Deal with You"
Huzzah for January!
January 03, 2006
While celebrating New Years Eve on saturday night, my best friend and I were given the mammoth task of looking after her 7 year old sister Lisa. At some point in the proceedings the following exchange occurred…
Lisa: Emma has a boyfriend doesn't she?
Me: Yep she does, his name is John.
Lisa: Mia do you have a boyfriend?
Me: Ah… No, no I don't.
Lisa: Well I'm seven and a quarter years old and I have a boyfriend, I really think it's time you had one too…
I said it wasn't that easy but asked her to describe the kind of guy that she's pick out for me, and thus the following list was created (she made me take note) and a picture that she kindly drew herself of my future boyfriend. So, in her own words, this is it:
Lisa's list for Mia's Boyfriend
by Lisa (aged 7 and a quarter)
- Kind, always looks after his girlfriend
- Has good ideas (innovative)
- Joyful not miserable
- Careful with his work
- No big boobs
- Spiky hair
- Good looking
- Good thinker
- Good at making cooked breakfast
- Sure what he's doing when he goes to work
- Fashionable colourful clothes
- Is a good boyfriend
- Can drive
- Has a watch
- Is good on the computer
- Plays a musical instrument to keep you entertained
- Cool style
- Gives nice jewellery to his girlfriend
- Buys chocolates and flowers for his girlfriend
- Quiet when he should be
- Good at massages
- Buys Mia dresses
- As rich as a prince
Not bad at all, especially for someone who still adds fractions to the end of their name… My only concern was when she nearly added "Must be a hairdresser" but thankfully she changed her mind. Still, why a hairdresser? Mine's not that bad is it?! Any would-be applicants should be prepared to undergo a rigorous interview and selection procedure dictated by a seven-and-a-quarter year old
menace to society darling.
…No big boobs. hehehehehe…