A little bit about me
1. Whose thoughts would you most like to read? Antony's – just to see who else he fancies! ;p
2. What have you lost that you'd most like to retrieve? Currently my Bill Bailey DVD…
3. What's your favourite red thing? My hair (well, it's just about red!)
4. What are some things that irritate you? Ooh, many things – people being ignorant, full of themselves, people saying 'haitch', ready-to-eat sandwiches having mayonnaise in them (I don't like it and it spoils so many nice fillings!)...etc etc.
5. What's your favourite boy's name? Harry
Girl's name? Bethany
6. What's on the walls in your room? Various postcards – mainly black and white ones, a calendar, a big photo of lilies, a timetable of dance lessons at the centre de danse du marais, and a collage of crazy playing cards that Mark sent me.
7. Name a CD you own that's a guilty pleasure (one you adore, but pretend not to for fear of irreversible negative social consequences). Umm Hear'say's album…I wouldn't say I adore it but it has some happy memories attached :)
8. What item of your friends' would you most like to have for your own? Mark's phone (any of them – he's always got a gorgeous new one) or Julia's sunflower candles because they're really pretty!
9. Where will you be in five year's time? Well if I knew that, life would be a lot simpler…
10. What one thing would you most like to accomplish with your life? Be as happy as possible and make some other people happy too :)
11. What's your favourite scary movie? None of them – I don't like scary movies!
12. Who's funnier, Jim Carrey or Bill Murray? Tough one. Bill.
13. Have you ever been in a school play? Yep – my first role was the messenger in the nativity play (saying everyone had to go to the town where they were born for the census) but I've been in loads. Was it good? Were you good? Of course!
14. What's the furthest place you've ever travelled to? India
15. Have you ever won a trophy? What for? Yep – for getting the most credits (like house points) in my year in one term at school
16. Name a book you'd recommend to a friend. Why? There are so many, but the book I'm currently reading is fascinating – Watching The English, by Kate Fox
17. What's the stupidest thing you've ever done? That's for me to know, and no-one else to ridicule me about :p
18. What's your favourite cartoon? Why? I'm not sure if it counts as a cartoon, but the animation Pocoyo is SERIOUSLY cute! But I think actually Winnie the Pooh is my all-time favourite.
19. Which animal do you most resemble in appearance and habit? a cat.
20. What mesmerises you? Flying.
21. Name something about yourself that people don't expect. I can do a very passable train whistle impression.
22. What's your favourite place on campus? Why? The arts centre, because it's a great place to meet people, eat and drink, read, see great plays and music, or even just sit and be – all of which are things I love doing. It always has a lovely atmosphere.
23. What everyday item is the most well designed? (Fit for purpose and aesthetically pleasing.) Not sure what sort of 'everyday item' this question means, but for me, my mac laptop!
24. What's your favourite time of day? Why? Early evening – fading light, one can start to relax after whatever one has been doing during the day.
25. What is the best thing you have done in a seminar? Listen to some really interesting ideas that I never would have heard anywhere else.
26. What is the best moment you have had in a lecture? Realising we were studying two Asterix albums – both funny and fairly easy to analyse!
27. What was your biggest mistake in your first year? Not doing enough secondary reading to get a higher grade – that said, I had so much fun, I don't really regret it. My first year mark didn't count anyway, so I reckon I was well-balanced. (If we're not talking academically, then kissing one of my hallmates in the union in my first week probably wasn't a great idea!!)