All 2 entries tagged Software4Students
No other Warwick Blogs use the tag Software4Students on entries | View entries tagged Software4Students at Technorati | There are no images tagged Software4Students on this blog
November 11, 2010
I got scared after reading the boot camp installation. Unless someone can reassure me I think I'll have to give it a miss....
I'm just in the process of trying to install windows 7 on a MacBook Pro. Here's the chain of events so far.
- I bought the software from "Software4students", as a student thinking it was the bonafide software. Its not.
- On arrival of the software it was an upgrade disk. The software came in an unmarked, loose, nonsealed plastic wallet.
- I sent it back because I thought I wouldnt be able ot install it on my mac, although i do own genuine windows 7 on my desktop.
- "Software4students" refused to give me a refund, and sent the software back to me, stating it was in thier T's and C's. I was pretty annoyed by this, but essentially there was nothing that could be done other than trying to take them to court.
- They sent the disc back to me.
- I have just read on a blog that I may be able to install it directly on a Mac.
So here goes, installing Windows 7 'Upgrade' on a mac with no windows, although I do own Windows, albeit its on another PC.
- Is it just me or is the 'upgrade' bit on the picture above just a little bit too small?
- Am I pretty amazed that its pretty unclear as to weather or not this works or not? Yes.
- Are there lots of students who will by the Windows7 student edition? Yes.
- Do I think I should be able to get a refund for software that I haven't used or entered a licence key for? Yes.
As it turns out I think Im just going to give it a go and hope for the best.
Will it work? I will find out.... Hopefully in less than under 2 hours!
PS... if you are reading this and you know that its not going to work, feel smug now...