All entries for Thursday 30 March 2006
March 30, 2006
Ok, so I know I should be working, revising or something but I have a killer of a stomach cramp and every attempt I've made at working have resulted in me being in pain so I've decided to curl up on the sofa with a hot water bottle stuck to my tummy watching the tv.
This brings me onto the reason for blogging. Daytime TV. Honest to God, who watches this crap? I understand that there are bored housewives and people like my grandparents who do nothing much more to do than watch TV and drink tea but couldn't they make something better? Anything better? Watching cockroaches race up a damp wall would be more interesting than this assortment of overly made-up weirdos with no dress sense combined with some films that should never have got the green light in the first place. I'm watching one at the moment, while I'm blogging obviously. It's entitled "Danger Island" and it has noone in it of any interest and it's about being stuck on a deserted island with a creature that was created by the CIA, escaped and killed the doctors 20 years previously. It's all very amusing, or at least I'm sure it would be if I was watching with friends and a few beers. I feel so awful today I can hardly stand up straight so I can't even go and buy chocolate :( I'm sitting here, chocolate-less, beer-less and watching a film called Danger Island. It is a sad day my friends.
So on a lighter note, my birthday party was a complete success, it was truly awesome. I was so happy so many people came, even Geordie despite telling me for days that he wasn't going to be able to make it – Lorna conspired to keep me in the dark and I will hate you forever for it missy!!
Oh the island isn't deserted apparently. They've found some tribe or other that apparently the sea/swamp/lab monster doesn't like the taste of. What a spectacular film, how did this seem like a good idea on paper?!?
1. Were you named after anyone? 2 great grandmothers Eleanor and Sarah, so yeah
2. Do you wish on stars? I used to every night but that was when I was little and didn't understand they were GIANT BALLS OF FIRE
3. When did you last cry? Last night, I am a complete pansy
4. Do you like your handwriting? Oh yes, it took me ages to perfect it
5. What is your favourite meat? Pork, or any other sort of pig you wish to fry and cover in brown sauce for that matter
6. What is your most embarrassing CD on your shelf? Kylie? That's probably the worst, and yet Britney is probably a close second
7. If you were another person, would YOU be friends with you? Haha no, I'm an attention whore who is particularly highly strung, but if you can look past that then I make a super friend
8.Are you a daredevil? Chicken. Totally.
9. How do you release anger? I get drunk and do embarrassing things
10. Where is your second home? Home home, Tooting, it'll always be home but I prefer being far far away from my parents.
11. Do you trust others easily? I am quite trusting but it takes a lot for me to truly trust someone
12. What was your favourite toy as a child? Thomas the Tank Engine toys :)
13. What class in school/college do you think is totally useless? Media studies, sorry to anyone who does it but I had a taste of it at GCSE and it was a complete waste of time
14. Do you use sarcasm a lot? No, never…
15. Have you ever been in a mosh pit? Once, it was an accident
16. What do you look for in a guy/girl? Intelligent conversation
17. Would you bungee jump? Good God no
18. Do you untie your shoes when you take them off? Some of them
19. What's your favourite ice cream? Ben & Jerry's Phish Food
20. What are your favourite colours? Blue, Black, Purple, Red – does black count?
21. What are your least favourite things? Inexcusable stupidity and a lack of consideration
22. How many people do you have a crush on right now? Only one – so childish :)
23. Who do you miss most right now? Do cats count? Sam and Sprocket, they were helping me revise a couple of days ago and now I have to do it alone
24. What are you listening to right now? I'm watching TV but if it counts the washing machine is making some delightful noises
25. If you were a crayon, what colour would you be? Green
26. What is the weather like right now? It's grey yet sunny – work that one out
27. Last person you talked to on the phone? My ex
28. The "first" thing you notice about the opposite sex? Eyes….mmmm…. pretty eyes
29. Do you like the person who sent you this? I like the many people I could have stolen this from :D
30. How are you today? Knackered and fed up of revising
31. Favourite non alcoholic drink? Probably cola, or something like pineapple juice
32. Favourite alcoholic drink? Malibu, or sambuca in moderation
33. Natural hair colour? Yeah, because that's not obvious…
34. Eye colour? Blue.
35. Wear contacts? Nope
36. Siblings? One younger brother, Alex
37. Favourite month? February
38. Favourite food? Cannot choose one. All food is good, except everything I have cooked
39. Favourite day of the year? Boxing Day
40. Have you ever been too shy to ask someone out? Nope, always ask, you never know what you might be missing, or that they might feel just as shy
41. Scary movies or happy endings? Scary movies, all about the scary movie
42. Summer or winter? Winter
43. Do you want your friends to write back? Stupid…
44. Who is most likely to respond? More stupid
45. What book/magazine are you reading? Notes from a big country by Bill Bryson
46. What's on your mouse pad? My mouse pad at home has Bagpuss on it :)
47. What did you watch on TV last night? A film called Alive that was quite depressing
48. Favourite Smell? Can I say Geordie? I would say the smell of his flat but the cats kinda ruin that fairly frequently
49. Have you ever regretted breaking up with someone? Yes, yes I have, but not for long
50. Most tiresome thing you’ve ever experienced/done? tiresome – Mass? Being Catholic generally.
Loving these quiz things x x