All 2 entries tagged Troubleshooting
View all 5 entries tagged Troubleshooting on Warwick Blogs | View entries tagged Troubleshooting at Technorati | There are no images tagged Troubleshooting on this blog
October 23, 2008
Very often, if you get an error message, or are unable to log to your EndNote Web account, this is because your computer has stored an old version of the webpage you are trying to look at, and is using that instead of the latest version.
The way to solve this problem is often just to clear the cache (stored pages) in your web browser. Here's how to do it for Internet Explorer, Firefox and Google Chrome
Internet Explorer Users:
- Click on the Tools option in the menu bar at the top of the Internet Explorer screen.
- Click on Internet Options.
- Click on the Delete Cookies button and wait for it to finish.
- Click on the Delete Files button and wait for it to finish.
- Click on OK.
- Click on the Tools option in the menu bar at the top of the Firefox screen.
- Click on Clear Private Data.
- Click on the Clear Private Data button and wait for it to finish.
Google Chrome Users:
- Click on the Spanner button (Customise and control Google Chrome) in the top right hand corner of the screen.
- Click on Clear browsing data
- Tick all the boxes and click the Clear Browsing Data button.
September 02, 2008
If you have both EndNote Web and Zotero (a free, web-based reference management programme) running on your computer, you might sometimes find that when you try and download a file for EndNote Web, Zotero intercepts it instead. If this happens, you may need to temporarily disable the Zotero plug in. Follow these instructions to do this:
- Click on the Tools menu.
- Select Add-ons.
- Find the entry for Zotero and click the Disable button.
- Close down the Add-ons window.
Note: you may need to restart your browser before these changes take effect.