All entries for March 2007
March 28, 2007
Guess what, i’m bored again… mum’s on the phone, so i’m finding things to do while waiting to call Chris, here goes:
1. Grab the book nearest to you, turn to page 18, and find line 4.
“host, to the best bedroom, where he soon laid his head”
2. Stretch your left arm out as far as you can…what do you find?
3. What is the last thing you watched on TV?
for the first time in ages, watched some of Friends last night when i got in from work
4. Without looking, guess what time it is:
5. Now look at the clock. What is the actual time?
6. With the exception of the computer, what can you hear?
iTunes on random play, currently Lasgo ‘Something’
7. When did you last step outside? What were you doing?
Walking home from the bus after work
8. Before you started this survey, what did you look at?
9. What are you wearing?
combats, green top
10. Did you dream last night?
I don’t think so. I did sleep in this morning though, ooops
11. When did you last laugh?
At work, i have funny colleagues
12. What is on the walls of the room you are in?
er, quite a bit… including Bon Jovi Bounce Tour 2003 poster, Barbuda beach poster, old photos, two calendars, my degree certificate and photo
13. Seen anything weird lately?
An amazingly bright sun setting ahead of me, looked stunningly unreal
14. What do you think of this quiz?
It’s not hugely exciting
15. What is the last film you saw?
Apollo 13 at Chris’ the other weekend
16.If you became a multi-millionaire overnight, what would you buy?
Ahem… lots!! House, car, works of art, grand piano, clothes, travel to all the amazing places i want to visit, have laser hair removal treatments, pay off my student debts…
17. Tell me something about you that I don’t know:
I’m going to London in december to see the Tutankhuman exhibition
18. If you could change one thing about the world, regardless of guilt or politics what would it be?
Reduce the cost of Haagen Daaz
19. Do you like to dance?
20. George Bush:
Is but a man
21. Imagine your first child is a girl, what do you call her?
a few options… samantha, jessica, isobel / isabella, eliza… forgotten the others right now
22. Imagine your first child is a boy, what do you call him
ben or daniel
23. Would you ever consider living abroad?
yes, i have considered it in great detail!!
24. What do you want to say to God when you reach the pearly gates?
“who are you?”
1. When you looked at yourself in the mirror today, what was the first thing you thought?
2. When is the next time you will have sex?
quite possibly on sunday
3. What’s a word that rhymes with “DOOR?”
4. Favorite planet?
pluto, first one that came to mind
5. Who is the 4th person on your missed call list on your mobile?
er… Emma Povey
6. What is your favorite ring on your phone?
one of the standard ones
7. What shirt are you wearing?
a plain dull green cotton top
8. Do you “label” yourself?
9. Name the brand of shoes you’re currently wearing?
i’m not wearing any
10. Bright or Dark Room?
currently its more dark than bright seeing as the light-bulb in here is shockingly bad
11. What were you doing at midnight last night?
drying my hair
12. What did your last text message you received on your mobile say?
“i love you too. I’m so close to getting this working i can almost be happy about it. Got a gremlin to find though. Bloody code eh. How’s your day? Xxxxx”
13. Where is your mailbox?
In the porch
14. What’s a word that you say a lot?
15.Who told you he/she loved you last?
16. Last furry thing you touched?
17. How many drugs have you done in the last three days?
none, unless coffee counts??
18. How many rolls of film do you need to get developed?
none, but i do need to get print outs of lots of pics from my digital camera, keep forgetting to sort it
19. Who was the last person you had a chance meeting with?
my old clarinet teacher came into the branch the other day, was a tad on the weird side!
20. Favorite age you have been so far?
20 probably, last year of uni, good times…
21. Your worst enemy?
At the moment, a man who’s going to phone me tomorrow and go bloody ballistic that he still hasn’t got his money, and it’s absolutely not my fault. Any customers who watch all these TV programmes about banks and then come in shouting the odds. Twats.
22. What is your current desktop picture?
A pic of Chris sitting in his room in Skipton
23. What was the last thing you said to someone?
“i’ve been waiting to phone him”
24. If you had to choose between a million dollars, or being able to fly, which would you do?
25. Do you like someone?
no, i love them
26. The last song you listened to?
I want to hold your hand, The Beatles
27. If the last person you spoke to was getting shot at, would you jump in front of the bullet?
28. If you could punch one person in the face who’s in your life right now, who would it be?
That’s not very nice
29. If you could be doing anything right now, what would it be?
Curling up with Chris somewhere warm and comfy
30. What are you going to do now the quiz is over?
Call him cos the phone is now free, woo yeh!
March 25, 2007
What’s your name spelt backwards? TLOH NYRHTAK AMME
What did you do last night? Went for a meal for a mate’s birthday and then ‘up town’ round wolves
The last thing you downloaded onto your computer? erm, some kind of update thing that chris put on it??
Have you ever licked a 9 volt battery? No!
Last time you swam in a pool? good question, hmmmm must be on hols with the girls in the costa brava, a couple of summers ago!
What are you wearing? combats and warwick hoodie
How many cars have you owned? none
Are you registered to vote? yes indeedy
What kind of computer do you use? a PC? my laptop from warwick at home, a normal desktop at work
Ever made a prank phone call? drunkenly, yes
You like anyone right now? i like lots of people. there are a few i’m not too fond of right now too
Would you go bungee jumping or sky diving? Sky diving if i was being extremely brave, kinda want to do it, but i’m terrified! Weirdo i know
Furthest place you ever traveled? haha, not far! is rome further away than athens? one of those probably. Soon to be Peru, wooo hooo!
Do you know all the words to the national anthem? not all of them hangs head in shame
Favorite pizza toppings? dominos texas BBQ, or pepperoni and peppers… most things, just no mushrooms thanks!!
Chips or popcorn? chips all the way
Have you ever smoked peanut shells? surprisingly not
Have you ever been in a beauty pagaent? hahahahaha. no.
Orange Juice or apple? either. maybe apple actually. depends.
Who were the last people you sat at lunch with? i had a roast with mum and dad today!
Favorite chocolate bar? oooh no, that’s totally unfair to make me choose, um, basically anything if it involves chocolate!
Who is your longest friend and how long? hehe i dont know how long any of my friends are!!! :-P
Last time you ate a homegrown tomato? last summer
Favorite computer game? spider solitare
Ever ordered from an infomercial? no
Sprite or 7-UP? Sprite all the way
Have you ever had to wear a uniform to school/work? er, yes, all my school life (not sixth form), and now i have a lovely uniform at work too…. mmm sexy
Ever thrown up in public? lots of times, involving drunkenness / hangovers / travel sickness…. mmm lovely
Would you prefer being a millionaire or finding true love? well ive got the true love bit, im just working on the millionaire part ;-)
Do you believe in love at first sight? No
Can exes just be friends? yes, but there’s always going to be something else there in the back of your mind… you can’t just eradicate memories
Who was the last person you visited in the hospital? probably my sister when she was giving birth to Tom just over 2 years ago. Or was it lolly with her hip? i can’t remember which was last!
Did you have long hair as a young kid? yes, long and bush-like. Not so sexy
What message is on your voicemail machine? hmm, whatever is the standard orange voicemail message
Where would you like to go right now? somewhere hot and sunny, with few clothes, a cocktail in one hand and a book in the other
What was the name of your first pet? Bonny
What kind of back pack do you have, and what’s in it? i used to have a fuck-off huge pink and purple rucksack, and a smaller pink My Little Pony one. Oooh the good old days
What is one thing you are grateful for today? That i’ve found the person i want to spend the rest of my life with
What do you think about most? probably how much i crave chocolate or random foods / how tired i am / chris / random warwick memories
Your Fears: spiders, fire, losing those i love
Goal You Would Like To Achieve This Year: pass my driving test first time round!
Thoughts When First Waking Up: god, is it morning already?? do i have to get up? just a little bit longer won’t hurt…
March 22, 2007
For the third time in one week, i’ve found myself actually crying with laughter and unable to stop myself laughing, while at work!! I know, it’s shocking, but things are going much better these days, i might even go so far as to say i’m enjoying it!! There have been many ups and downs in the past few months, but i think the experience has made me stronger and obviously taught me a lot. And now at least i feel comfortable and knowledgable in my role (in all aspects…). I can finally say that i feel at home and things don’t look so bad at all.
I was in a weird mood last week while i was on relief in a different branch… it was a novelty at first, but when it dragged on and i couldn’t see the end in sight, i was getting increasingly lonely and miserable. My general moody state of recent weeks was pushed over the edge and it came to a situation where i was forced to snap out of it. Thank god. I’m so much more cheerful now i feel like me again. Edam’s back, ye-ah!!
Having said all this, i’m glad it’s the weekend tomorrow… and randomly i’ve just realised that i have only 37 days left at work until i go to Peru, woo baby, now that’s an exciting thought!! Let the good times roll…
March 19, 2007
So my second driving lesson back after a break of approximately a year went well…. let’s see, there was thunder, and lightning, oh and a hail storm. Fab.
March 08, 2007
but i’m going to write an entry anyway! feeling a lot happier this week, life seems to have settled down again and things are going much smoother this week, thank god. Actually had a pretty good day at work, and now it’s Friday tomorrow which is always a good thing! Got myself a nice block of points to add to my figures which should take me above 100% of my quarter targets, with still a few weeks to go til the end of this quarter. Good, hopefully that means bonus territory is calling me…
Had my four month review at work earlier this week. And i was extremely relieved with how things went. All is very good apparently. Was a tad like getting a school report again, but at least it was a good report!
signed up to give money to charity straight from my pay today. Not much, granted, but at least this way the tax man pays a bit too, and i’ll be doing my bit. So that will be going out, as well as my tax, NI, board, tea fund at work, lottery fund at work, pension scheme, as well as trying to save as much as poss (for a house and a TT!), before i get to touch a penny. Great stuff! Feeling very grown up compared to this time last year when i was a couple of days away from handing in my dissertation. Crikey. How time flies, feels like light years away, and yet i still miss it so. Never mind. All is well.
Plus the sun was shining so beautifully today, who could be down on such a promising day? Bring on the summer and lots of cheerful warm sunshine :-)
March 06, 2007
1. How old will you be in five years?
26… my god, im getting on a bit!
2. Who did you spend at least two hours with today?
i spent eight hours with the staff of yorkshire bank, wolverhampton!
3. How tall are you?
4. What do you look forward to most in the next six weeks?
erm, i don’t know what’s coming up really. Visiting Chris for the last time in Skipton. Getting back into driving and aerobics again. Pay day. I suppose easter is about six weeks away now… that means bank holidays, yay!
5. What’s the last movie you watched on dvd?
The last movie i watched was dirty dancing, although that was my old video copy… last DVD i watched was an episode of Peep Show
6. Who was the last person you called?
7. Who was the last person to call you?
8. What was the last text message you received?
erm, something from Chris during my lunch hour… i forget what it said now, just asking how my day was going i think
9. Who was the last person to leave you a voicemail?
The remaining Warwick crowd the other weekend… at least i think it was them… i couldn’t really make much out other than a lot of screaming / loud music!
10. Would you rather call or text?
Depends. Generally text, cos i don’t really like talking to people on the phone. But Chris is the exception. Sometimes only a call will do.
11. What were you doing at 12am last night?
I believe i was actually asleep. Chris made me go to bed slightly earlier than normal cos i was so tired i was almost falling asleep while talking to him on the phone!
12. Are your parents married/separated/divorced
13. When was the last time you saw your MUM?
About 2 hours ago, she’s downstairs!
14. What colour are your eyes?
Blue, with greeny bits in them
16. What are you wearing right now?
my grey warwick hoody, navy trackies, and stripey socks!
17. What is your favourite Christmas song?
hmm, it’s gota be Slade, although Wham and Mariah Carey are strong faves too
18. Where is your favourite place to be?
In bed. Looking out to sea. In Chris’ car. In Chris’ arms. Sat in the rocking chair in our kitchen! Warwick union.
19. Where is your least favourite place to be?
The strong room at work, it’s smelly and creepy! Waiting for the bus.
20. Africa-New Zealand-Japan?
haven’t been to any of them, but would like to visit all 3
21. What do you think you’ll be in 10 years?
Hopefully married, settled in our own home with little kiddies… if i can convince Chris!!
22. Do you tan or Burn?
burn unfortunately. It’s a sad business. I tan afterwards!
23. What did you fear was going to get you at night as a child?
erm, i don’t know. The monsters from under the bed. Ghosts. Nasty robber men. Fire.
24. What was the last thing that really made you laugh?
Mark being himself at work today
25. How many TVs do you have in your house?
three i think, plus two portables
26. How big is your bed?
27. Do you have a laptop or desktop computer?
28. What do you wear to bed?
PJ’s – i love them! Depends whether im with chris or not!
29. What colour are your sheets?
actual sheets are pale blue
30. How many pillows do you sleep with?
31. What is your favorite season?
32. What do you like about autumn?
33. What do you like about winter?
34. What do you like about the summer?
warmth, sunshine, tanning opportunities, holidays, my birthday, longer days, lighter evenings, everything!
36. How many counties have you lived in?
hmm, two i suppose, West Midlands and Warwickshire
37. What cities/towns have you lived in?
Wolverhampton, Coventry (campus), Kenilworth
38. Do you prefer shoes, socks, or bare feet?
bare feet or jazzy socks
39. Are you a social person?
depends, with my friends then yes, otherwise no, im very shy! unless there’s alcohol involved!
40. What was the last thing you ate?
a combination of haribo and dairy milk, some things never change!
42. What is your favourite ice cream?
lots of ben and jerrys and haagen daaz varieties… strawberry cheesecake, cookies and cream, pralines and cream, phish food, cherry garcia… i could go on!
43. What is your favourite dessert?
i love puddings!! mums plum crumble and custard, apple pie, cheescake, cherry pie, mmm lots!
45. What kind of jam do you like on your Peanut Butter and Jam sandwich?
um, maybe not??
46. Do you like Chinese food?
Yes i do
47. Do you like coffee?
48. How many glasses of water, a day, do you drink on average?
not as many as i did now im at work, probably about 5 pints i think
49. What do you drink in the morning?
Orange juice, or coffee. Tea when i get to work
51. Do you sleep on a certain side of the bed?
The right side. Apparently i have a habit of taking over the middle too….
52. Do you know how to play poker?
53. Do you like to cuddle?
54. Have you ever been to Canada?
55. Do you have an addictive personality?
i dont think so?? apparently chris is addicted to me, if that counts??
56. Do you eat out or at home more often?
57’s missing too…
58. Do you know anyone with the same birthday as you?
don’t think so
59. Do you want kids?
yes, not for a good few years, but yes definitely
61. Have you ever gotten stitches?
62. Have you ever ridden in an ambulance?
i dont think so
63. Do you prefer an ocean or a pool?
For swimming, then a pool, but i love looking at the ocean, and paddling obviously!
64. Do you prefer a window seat or an aisle seats?
65. Do you prefer manual or automatic?
i’ve never driven an automatic
66. What is your favorite thing to spend money on?
hmm, well im saving everything i can at the mo, most of my money has been spent on boozy nights out or big shops in Boots i think! i like the odd treat… i bought the Feeling album today, woo
67. Do you wear any jewelry 24/7?
no, i wear my ring everyday, but not overnight
68. What is your favourite TV show?
Friends, Men Behaving Badly, Peep Show, No Angels, Teachers, Footballers Wives
69. Can you roll your tongue?
I think so?
70. Who is the funniest person you know?
hmm, interesting… probably Raj / Charlie / Mark at work at the mo
71. Do you sleep with stuffed animals?
maybe… well yes of course! I think you could describe chris as a stuffed animal couldn’t you?? :-P
72. What is the main ring tone on your phone?
erm, the tune that plays… i dont know what its called, its not a downloaded song, its just the best one from the options when i had it
73. Do you still have clothes from when you were little
probably. Ive still got my tiny red wellies on top of my wardrobe, they are seriously cute!
74. What red object is closest to you right now?
hmm, red…. probably those wellies actually, random!
75. Do you turn off the water while you brush your teeth?
Yes, i was brought up going on caravan holidays, i turn the water off when i clean teeth and shower, otherwise we’d run out!!
76. Do you sleep with your cupboard/wardrobe doors open or closed?
shut, but i sometimes left my ken house ones open, in fact i usually left those open, weird
77. Would you rather be attacked by a big bear or a swarm of bees?
hmm, probably bees… tough one
78. Do you like someone?
I like quite a lot of people!
79. What do you dip a chicken nugget in?
tomato or BBQ
80. Have you ever written a love letter?
i dont think so
81. Can you change the oil on a car?
of course not
82. Have you ever gotten a speeding ticket?
from the way dad shouts at me while im learning to drive with him, you would have thought so… but no!
83. Have you ever run out of gas?
amazingly not… as you may have guessed i can’t drive yet!
84. What is your usual bedtime?
since i got my job at YB, i usually put my light out around the midnight mark. At uni, average bed time was 3 ish. How times change.
85. What was the last book you read?
the last one i finished was Now We Are Six by AA Milne! Currently reading To Kill A Mockingbird
86. Do you read the newspaper?
if we have one in the house, i look through the Express and Star, but thats it, sorry
87. Do you read any magazines?
i dont buy any regularly, i read whatevers left in the staffroom… Heat mostly
89. Do you watch soap operas?
not anymore. I’ve gone through spells of Corrie, EastEnders and Neighbours, but i never watch them anymore
90. Do you dance in the car?
sometimes! and sing, obviously… i’m a full blown in-car entertainment system!
91. What radio station did you last listen to?
92. Who is in the picture frame closest to you?
The Ken House group: Me, Amy H, Laura and Shed… pictured in the union on the night of my last exam at uni
93. What was the last note you scribbled on a piece of paper?
ISAs… to remind me to update my sales targets sheets with the ISA leads i got today
94. What is your favorite candle scent?
i dont do candles
95. What is your favorite board game?
Cluedo and Monopoly
96. What are your favorite pair of shoes?
My new sexy boots. Or the jazzy gold shoes i bought to wear on my 21st birthday!
97. Was your first kiss good or bad?
Good i think… i can’t really remember specifics, lol mucho alcohol was involved!
98. Who was your favourite teacher in high school?
Miss Goss, absolute star!
99. What is the longest you have ever camped out in a tent?
the longest was probably a week at Coven camp with school… actually was that a week?? otherwise its a long weekend at carno or shell island with the family
100. Who was the last person to give you butterflies?