- Sessions: Bad. In order of badness: local sessions->mobile local sessions->remote sessions->no sessions at all.
- No sessions at all: put all session data into a cookie; sign the cookie and timestamp it. 1K of data in a cookie is OK. (Make sure you’re not submitting it for static requests!)
- Remote sessions; using the same database that you use for everything else means one less bit of infrastructure to maintain.
- Functionality that won’t scale horizontally generally boils down to storage that won’t scale horizontally
- Loadbalancers: software is hard to push more that 1GB/s (which would be a nice problem to have, for us!).
- Wackamole – HA / Loadbalancing helper service – works by switching IP addresses.
- Use queueing to manage long-running, CPU-intensive tasks
Can haz slidez?